Chapala.com Webboard

New paperwork for LP gas deliveries?

FESchultz

My gas delivery crew (been using them for years) asked me to fill out a form on their last visit. Anyone else had this experience? They said their company was requiring them (the crew) to get the information. It sounded like this may have something to do with the new requirements for facturas. And perhaps also to confirm that they (the crew) are selling the gas to the people they say they are selling to. The form asked for an "RFC" number, which I do not have. (They also asked me for a photocopy of my driver's license, which I declined to provide.) I am wondering if this is a common procedure.

Generally speaking, you don't need or want an RFC number. It's for business tax collection purposes. Sounds like a real scam with these guys: they have to give you their RFC numbers, so they could be trying to use other people's credentials for ... who knows what.

The gas company is Gas Tomza. ComputerGuy, I think one may need an RFC to claim deductions against capital gains when one sells his house-- but I'm no tax expert. So far, the only info I provided is name/address/telephone, which is readily available in the phone directory anyway. Oh, I did provide the nearest cross street.

We use Juan with Los Altos and got gas on Tuesday. No request for info / RFC number.

As an aside and FYI, I believe you need an RFC number if you are requesting facturas from healthy care providers for health insurance claim submission purposes.

The gas company usually makes a record of consumers to have a database and measure how often you consume they product, and at some point they could call in some time reminding you that your gas is nearing to completion ,so they are winning customers from competitors. Regarding the RFC (Federal Tax) they just use it as an ID.
I understand your concern about giving personal information , but only suffice to them if you so desire with your name and phone number .

and remember you are not obligated to anything.
Regards!

Archived