Chapala.com Webboard

Bizarre craving for a Patty Melt - anywhere?

Travis

Having an odd craving for a Patty Melt (maybe it's the rye bread thread). Seems I recently saw mention of one available at a local restaurant, but can't remember where.

Anybody know of one locally? Needs to be real rye bread, grilled, etc. Thanks!

Yves' has one on the regular menu. It's delicious, with good cheese and lots of grilled onions. However, it's on whole wheat bread, toasted.

Is it really good cheese and not the cheesy sauce that he puts on his baked potatoes, Reuben's, etc? I am seriously unfond of that stuff and have to stop them from pouring it on my food.

Since he's got the basics there, maybe you can ask for it made to order. I've heard other people ask for adjustments to their orders. Agree that the Reuben's are odd, although he takes great trouble with them.

I get the best Reubens at Café Negro. It's the little café across the street from SuperLake. It's not on the menu, but if you ask for it the waiter will make it for you. Dark rye bread and stacked pastrami with real cheese. The sauerkraut is served on the side. It comes with fries or salad. The fries are actually wedgies. Large, very crisp on the outside and soft potato on the inside. I eat all my fries and take half the sandwich home.

When the waiter brought it to me, the other patrons exclaimed, "Wow, I wish I had ordered that!"

Archived