Chapala.com Webboard

Temporal with permission to work

mudgirl

Perhaps Spencer or Sonia would be so kind as to answer this. If someone is in Mexico on a tourist visa and receives a legitimate job offer from an accredited institution (in this case an international school), would they still have to apply for temporal with work permission from their country of normal residence? If so, would financials still be required, as the person would actually be earning $ here?

Or is there some process whereby the hiring body would apply for the prospective employee's temporal?

Spencer I suspect is more knowledgeable regarding this matter. Some schools (large employers) will do the process but it is lengthy and as I understand it once employer has done their part and documents prepared by local INM the future employee goes to a Mexican consulate outside of Mexico for the pre-approval based on employment (financials not required). The "employee" enters as anyone else with a pre-approved visa. Smaller schools do not have the expertise and leave up to the employee.

The ones I am familiar with obtain a pre-approved visa at a MX consulate based on finances. They come here, obtain a TR visa and then start again locally for permiso para trabajar with a letter from the school. At least in SMA, INM would take about 11 weeks total for both processes. In this situation one does not tell the MX consulate they have a job offer or as I have seen they are declined saying a Mexican national can do the work.

I look forward to Spencer's response.

sincerely

Sonia

Here is how we have done it...

School does a request for foreign worker with local immigration

Local office approves and foreigner goes to interview at consulate outside Mexico, pays nominal visa fee

Foreigner enters Mexico and then sumbits papers to immigration and pays temporal fee.

Other option is get temporal outside Mexico then change but now those people are being asked to provide financials upon renewal. Jalisco office has rejected renewals of people who have changed employers, we have 2 pending appeals.

Other option is get temporal outside Mexico then change but now those people are being asked to provide financials upon renewal. Jalisco office has rejected renewals of people who have changed employers, we have 2 pending appeals.

Spencer thanks.

I have had a teacher go from one school to another. At the first school they sponsored her from the start as you noted. For the second school, much smaller, she simply informed INM saying she ended the first employment, supported by a letter from them and that she was going to be self employed, teaching without noting name of school. We did that at the time her visa was up for renewal.

saludos

Sonia

The bank statement requirement happened in July, the difficulty in changing employers October. We shall see.

Archived