Chapala.com Webboard

7 off-leash dogs mauled my elderly dog.

Serenity6

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serenity, like everyone else I am saddened by the treatment you've received from these so-called neighbours,

I am not a vindictive person, however if I knew where this sociopath works in the area, as you've stated, I would

give his place of employment a wide berth.

Jistme: Thank you for the kind words. Avoiding his work will be no problem as I have no reason to go to that location. I need not walk in front of his house (but at times I may need to walk across the street). I just want my dog to be safe, and me to be safe (and my car to be safe) and no retributive action taken now that the household/owners of the dogs in question has been served by the police for the upcoming hearing. He has a right to give his side, of course, which is reasonable and fair. I just was very scared making the decision to file the report as I did not realize it would require a face-to-face meeting (in the safety of a police station and before a 'judge') but I can bring a translator and attorney on my behalf if I wish.

I love where I live, love walking my dog on the beautiful streets, love running into my neighbors who also walk their pups and I would hate for it to turn into a stressful event instead of the best part of my day.

The previous municipal judge who had an office in the police station was bilingual. Have you checked to see that this government has appointed a bilingual one as well? There is at least one police officer there that speaks perfect English. If the judge felt that your persons with the dogs had not broken any law of sorts he wouldn't have ordered them to attend this mediation meeting via letter.

I thought you said this father and son where foreigners.

Since all of the dogs, on both sides of this matter, were off leash, I will predict that the judge will chastise both parties and send them home to make up and play nice, using leashes in the future.

Archived