Chapala.com Webboard

7 off-leash dogs mauled my elderly dog.

Serenity6

I think it sucks...what a lousy life for a dog.

Not to mention her neighbors who have to live with the noise and smell.

My neighbors,all Mexican,have written a petition and are gathering signatures,we'll see what happens..

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to mention her neighbors who have to live with the noise and smell.

My neighbors,all Mexican,have written a petition and are gathering signatures,we'll see what happens..

What's really sad is...the dogs have no choice in the matter. Even the ones who attacked her poor girl. Because of the dumbshit that owns them and lets them behave that way...they will more than likely eventually be put down. I have this recurring daydream of a bunch of little old ladies, beating the crap out of the jerk... and finding the dogs good homes with proper training. Gee Senor officer...we thought he was a rapist!

Cookie: I was talking to my gardener earlier and asked, "Where are your goats? I haven't seen them in their normal spot for a week?" (A fenced spot a few blocks away.) The nicest goats! A few weeks ago one mama had twins, and I got to hold the 4-day old babies while he tooks some pix for me (a little dream of mine come true).

Pack of dogs (a pack with owners but they were allowed to roam) dug under the fence and killed every single goat. About 12 goats, I think. He knows which dogs, some were taken away to be put down, but if I understood him correctly (my Spanish isn't that great) and if its the pack I am thinking of (different than the pack that attacked me/my dog) then there are still some leftovers from that pack.

He is so sad about his goats. They were so sweet. Each had their throat ripped out.

And you're right. I don't hold anger towards the dogs that nearly killed my dog. I do hold immense anger, fury, resentment and everything else you can imagine towards the grown-a$$ 'man' who often lets them off leash and laughs hysterically and brags when they attack and kill innocent animals they encounter. Its 'natural', after all.

So, if a pitbull rips his throat out, can I say that is 'natural' and he should just be 'chill' with it?

Actually, the new administration has somebody doing something with animal control. Let me see if I can get a phone number. I'll Facebook him about this thread.

Jrod, thank you for taking this upon yourself. If you do have the contact name for a person who is able to listen to a specific issue, could you please let us know? I'll be filing a police complaint, but I know that it will simply sit there. If there is a better person that is designated to deal with public safety animal control issues, I'd very much like to inform them as well.

Jrod, thank you for taking this upon yourself. If you do have the contact name for a person who is able to listen to a specific issue, could you please let us know? I'll be filing a police complaint, but I know that it will simply sit there. If there is a better person that is designated to deal with public safety animal control issues, I'd very much like to inform them as well.

Please DO report this asap. Authorities need this to support their action and I texted my friend that you were doing this. See my PM for response but please go do this as soon as you can so there's documentation.

I am saddened to read about your ordeal with the mauling of your beloved dog. I don't know if one can get homeopathic remedies in Lakeside or not (have not visited since 2007, but will be there in 2 weeks) , but I'd certainly be giving her Arnica pilules for pain and perhaps Gelsemium if she is exhibiting anxiety and fear.

I would also consider carrying wasp spray for protection against attacks. It has a longer reach than a bamboo walking stick, and is easily available and legal for purchase in many places. Wasp spray in the eyes or mouth of an attacking dog (or human) will be more than just an annoyance.

I do hope you will report this attack to the authorities, as it needs to be on record. Hopefully it will never happen again to anybody, but if it does, it will be clear that it is not the first offense for these $%&/()s. There are irresponsible dog owners all over the planet, and I am so sorry this happened to you.

Wasp spray is an excellent idea but I've never seen wasp spray for sale in Mexico in 20 years.

If you have a source, here, I certainly would appreciate knowing the brand name and where to find it. TIA.

As a weapon, a rock in a knee high sock packs a formidable punch. Keep the open end of the sock wrapped around your hand and don't let it go after you swing it into action. Whoever or whatever is on the receiving end will not be happy when it connects...but it will still be in your possession to repeat the action.

Of course I am going to report it. It occurred last Wednesday night. Thursday was spent at the vet. Friday was spent waiting all day to speak to the owner (who blew me off). Monday (yesterday) I was unable to go. So today will be the day. I have my reasons as to why I was unable to go yesterday and those reasons are my own.

I would not bother with a taser or mace on the dogs. Go straight to the problem and mace/taser the dipshit owner. If he calls the police, tell them he assaulted you. What's the difference, he is the responsible party for the assault, not the dogs. The dogs would have not attacked if he had them on a leash. I've never seen a dog put his own leash on.

I would not bother with a taser or mace on the dogs. Go straight to the problem and mace/taser the dipshit owner. If he calls the police, tell them he assaulted you. What's the difference, he is the responsible party for the assault, not the dogs. The dogs would have not attacked if he had them on a leash. I've never seen a dog put his own leash on.

I don't scare easily, but this guy is a sociopath, if not worse. He scares me. He is not mentally stable. That sudden "hug" at the end was a powerplay and I knew exactly why he did it. If he ever comes near me again and doesn't back up when I tell him to and I feel intimidated or threatened by him, I'll take whatever action I must to protect myself.

An appointment has been scheduled for next week in Chapala (not the Ministero Publico).

The dog owners will be notified to appear. We will both tell our sides.

Any other person who has witnessed or experienced issue with these dogs are invited to attend. Please PM me if you also wish to attend. I will provide all pertinent info. I mentioned there were complaints with these dogs in the past, and the officer said please, have these people attend.

(I would like to point out that both the Ministero Publico and those at the police station were VERY accommodating. They were patient with my shitty Spanish, compassionate, said they loved dogs as well, would speak to him and order him to keep away from me as they could tell I was quite scared of him, and assured me they are on my side. I was very pleasantly surprised, as I know they have more important things to deal with than dog fights.)

The more people that have had bona fide problems who appear at this hearing, the better the case will be.

I of course cannot predict any outcome, but in the very least, a solid precedent will hopefully be set that his dogs are often off-leash, that they are out of his control, are dangerous, have attacked and killed, and that he finds the entire thing humorous and has no intention of changing his behavior in the future and will let his dogs "be free".

Please understand that the choice for me to go forward with this "cita" is a very stressful decision to make given the proximity of his home, that he walks his dogs in the same area that I walk, and his unsettling behavior towards me. In other words, I need a drink, and I hope nobody starts going off-topic here or gives me any sort of hard time or other nonsense that doesn't involve this matter.

I realize the only way to set a precedent is to file the claim, but I am sure you can appreciate that being in my position, it was not an easy decision to make. No, I do not seek validation. Just understanding and compassion. In the US I was licensed to have a firearm at home and also had a 6'4 husband who happened to be a martial arts master. I have neither of those here. I have no idea how he will react, but I no longer have those protections.

I don't know if you can bring a dog back once they've killed. I'm sorry.... I love dogs..animals in general. But if I was your gardener and KNEW which dogs did it.... their chance of survival would be very slim.

Cookie: My gardener did assure me that the dogs that dug under the fence and killed all his goats were put down. (Different dogs than the group I am dealing with.)

My biggest fear (aside from my dog or other innocent animals dying a horrible death) is that there are mothers with babies and young children, along with elderly people who walk their little dogs all over this area. Had I been been attached to my dog w/her leash, I have no doubt I'd have gotten mauled as well. Her ability to run took the pack away from me.

I asked him (when I pointed out a woman pushing a baby in a stroller) "do you want to see that baby killed or mauled and spend the rest of your life in a Mexican jail?" He literally laughed and said it was "unlikely" and not worth the risk to keep his dogs on a leash.

That is what worries me. The injuries or death of a baby or adult.

That's why I asked for stories, because I hate to tell you this, but around here reporting pretty much always results in nothing happening... regarding dog attacks.

You are correct. What I am doing now is setting a precedent. If the dogs attack again, then the authorities have more ammunition to take the dogs away or engage in other action. My head is now splitting in half (I think I inhaled too many paint fumes for the few hours I waited in the police station - i think they are painting or doing something with chemicals and I cannot imagine its safe for those guys and ladies there.)

Cookie: My gardener did assure me that the dogs that dug under the fence and killed all his goats were put down. (Different dogs than the group I am dealing with.)

My biggest fear (aside from my dog or other innocent animals dying a horrible death) is that there are mothers with babies and young children, along with elderly people who walk their little dogs all over this area. Had I been been attached to my dog w/her leash, I have no doubt I'd have gotten mauled as well. Her ability to run took the pack away from me.

I asked him (when I pointed out a woman pushing a baby in a stroller) "do you want to see that baby killed or mauled and spend the rest of your life in a Mexican jail?" He literally laughed and said it was "unlikely" and not worth the risk to keep his dogs on a leash.

That is what worries me. The injuries or death of a baby or adult.

He's an obvious whack job. The dogs need to be taken away and split up. Maybe it will have to take someone "connected" to be at the violent end of the attack to make him happier somewhere else. I agree. Don't take him on toe to toe. He could hurt you...or do something horrible.

Don't know what the answer is...DO know what I'd like it to be.... but I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Archived