Chapala.com Webboard

Where to get broken glass on a cell phone repaired?

holdrja

They have to send it in, It could take six weeks or longer to get it back, Better to get a new phone, I just got a new type cover for my phone, super durable and with a crystal lense that will not break when dropped, the cover cost 500 pesos

Thanks, artsnob. Darn! We d a clear cover stuck over the glass, so it hasn't fallen off the phone but sounds like for the next phone we should get the kind of cover you have.

It's a NOB phone that we brought down unlocked, we'll be NOB in 6 or 8 weeks so will probably limp along till then. But, will also price phones at Telcel, then we could just transfer the SIM.

There is a place in Guadalajara that is dirt cheap to get it replaced. It is a mall where all they sell is computor stuff and they can repair it. You do NOT need a new phone. We had a coffee at Starbucks while we waited. Centro Magno Mall on Aveneida Vallerta. You can find it on Google.

Thanks, artsnob. Darn! We d a clear cover stuck over the glass, so it hasn't fallen off the phone but sounds like for the next phone we should get the kind of cover you have.

It's a NOB phone that we brought down unlocked, we'll be NOB in 6 or 8 weeks so will probably limp along till then. But, will also price phones at Telcel, then we could just transfer the SIM.

Last time I checked with Telcel they only have cell phones unlocked for Mexico. I discovered this after buying one a year ago. They told me it was unlocked but it turned out that I could not use a non-Mexican SIM card. However, I was able to get an unlock code through an internet service and it will now take a Canadian and US SIM. A friend recently bought a totally unlocked smart phone through Amazon Mexico and it arrived within a few days.

There is a place in Guadalajara that is dirt cheap to get it replaced. It is a mall where all they sell is computor stuff and they can repair it. You do NOT need a new phone. We had a coffee at Starbucks while we waited. Centro Magno Mall on Aveneida Vallerta. You can find it on Google.

Centro Magno

Dirección: Av. Vallarta # 2425

Teléfono: 01 (33) 3630.1113 y 3630.1772

You definitely can get it repaired...I did the same thing...just got my phone back! Go see Ana Romero at the TelCel office at 67 Juan Alvarez in Ajijic...the next street west after the Torito Plaza. Her phone number is 331 411 9100. It cost me 550 pesos for a new screen. Good luck!

Hi - I dropped my husband's cell phone on the tile floor -- and we all know how un-forgiving those floors are! The glass over the screen is all cracked. Does anyone know where I can take this cell phone to get the glass replaced?

Motorola Moto X Force review - the incredible shatterproof smartphone

Thankfully, Motorola's saying 'No more!' to cracked smartphone screens, as its brand-new Moto X Force is being lauded as the world's first shatterproof smartphone. It's taken three years to come to fruition, but Motorola's so confident in the Force's display that it's guaranteeing the screen for four years of typical use, whether you drop it on the pavement or have it fall out of your pocket up a ladder.

Archived