Chapala.com Webboard

How do I return item to Amazon.com - no DHL courier in Ajijic

Arjay

I received an item from Amazon.com which I'm not happy with (it was delivered by DHL).

Can somebody please advise me how to return it to them. I don't believe DHL courier is in Ajijic so do I take it to another courier company and get a quote? If so, which couriers are available and where are they please?

Thanks.

When the website was down I sent you a PM.

Send it back the least expensive way you can find, but it will still be expensive to return.

Find someone going to the U.S. who can drop it off at the post office.

Unless you are absolutely sure you want in item on Amazon, don't order it. It costs too much to return it.

OP, was the item broken in any way but still usable?

I got Amazon to agree, in writing, during a live chat, to pay for ALL return costs after they shipped me a tower fan with a remote, but the remote was broken. I bought that specific model because I wanted a remote. They did offer me 40% off to just keep it, and I'm sure I could've negotiated to a higher amount. I also think the rep I on-line chatted with had no idea that it could cost bank to ship that tower fan back via DHL.

If the item is still salvageable, and the DHL is too expensive and/or the vendor/Amazon won't cover the return shipping costs, contact Amazon in a live chat, and explain that you'd be willing to keep the item for a discount that is fair to both parties. Just an idea if the item is one you can resell, still use or otherwise be content if you were to get, say 50% off and avoid the hassle of return shipping and hoping Amazing will pay for it. And if the vendor is not Amazon, good chance they will not pay for returns from out of the US.

Good luck!

OP, was the item broken in any way but still usable?

I got Amazon to agree, in writing, during a live chat, to pay for ALL return costs after they shipped me a tower fan with a remote, but the remote was broken. I bought that specific model because I wanted a remote. They did offer me 40% off to just keep it, and I'm sure I could've negotiated to a higher amount. I also think the rep I on-line chatted with had no idea that it could cost bank to ship that tower fan back via DHL.

If the item is still salvageable, and the DHL is too expensive and/or the vendor/Amazon won't cover the return shipping costs, contact Amazon in a live chat, and explain that you'd be willing to keep the item for a discount that is fair to both parties. Just an idea if the item is one you can resell, still use or otherwise be content if you were to get, say 50% off and avoid the hassle of return shipping and hoping Amazing will pay for it. And if the vendor is not Amazon, good chance they will not pay for returns from out of the US.

Good luck!

The item is not damaged, just not suitable. It is an Obus Forme Ergonomic seat which I don't find comfortable.

I printed out International Customer Return Labels and they agreed to refund the purchase price and up to $20 in shipping costs. I have no idea how much DHL will charge. I presume DHL, FedEx, etc. will all charge about the same. The cost may depend on the time frame - I have until Feb. 6 to return it. Where exactly is DHL, please? Thanks.

DHL is on the Carretera, within walking distance of the intersection of Colon. I'm sorry I don't have the address on it, but you can't miss it. Mountain side of Carretera with the big, yellow sign. I'll see if I can get an address or major landmark so you can find it.

Well, today I got my answer. To return my package to Amazon by DHL, the cheapest courier rate was $1,750 pesos, and the Post Office charge was about $550 pesos, which takes 2 to 3 weeks (maybe).

The item cost me $40 USD plus $17.61 USD shipping and handling. So the math doesn't quite add up to make it worth returning it.

Looks like I've learned the hard way not to order something from Amazon.com sent to Mexico unless I know the product and am sure it will be what I want.

Anyone like to buy a brand new Obus Forme Ergonomic seat? There nothing wrong with it except it doesn't suit my body but it does get good ratings:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=obus+forme+seat+cushion&sprefix=obus+forme%2Caps%2C284

Too bad you did not follow suggestion to contact Amazon for return instructions. May be too late now. Live and learn, as they say.

Arjay wrote:

I printed out International Customer Return Labels and they agreed to refund the purchase price and up to $20 in shipping costs.

Amazon's refund still doesn't cover shipping from here. Amazon has a deal with shipping here and for us to ship, it cost a whole lot more.

I have kept two items I should not have ordered because of the cost to return them. My mistake. I should not order anything that I am not absolutely sure that it is what I want.

I stand corrected. Thank you, Joco. I missed that.

But they suggested the Mexican Postal Service as an option for a return? Really?

I think Arjay checked out the PO on his/her own to see what it would cost. I doubt Amazon knows anything about the MX postal system.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have a Facebook account and prefer not to have one. I don't know if there are any other venues, other than the Classifieds which seem to have a very limited selection of items for sale.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't have a Facebook account and prefer not to have one. I don't know if there are any other venues, other than the Classifieds which seem to have a very limited selection of items for sale.

You can open a Facebook account with a phony name. I know some people who use the names of dead ancestors.

You will have a better chance of selling it on sites that have more viewers and the Facebook sites are for selling items.

Archived