Chapala.com Webboard

Adelita's new requirement to get Tuesday rib special

sm1mex

Not sure what the law is for pets and smoking. Years ago it was said that Mom's restaurant was fined a hefty amount for having pets in her restaurant and she immediately put up a no pet allowed sign.

The law is clear: Neither smoking nor pets are allowed.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Klutzy, all anyone can tell you is they ate in a place where no one was smoking at the time they ate. That does not mean the management will stop someone who lights up on another occasion. I have never been present when someone was stopped from smoking in a restaurant. Neither have I seen anyone light up inside a restaurant since the law was changed. That does not mean no one has ever smoked in a restaurant.

Sadly, smoking outside seems to be common--I wish it were the other way around! Are there any places that ban smoking entirely?

Unless the actual owner of a restaurant was the one to reply to your question you would just be getting one opinion about your question unless said establishment has a sign posted saying no smoking on our premises. Even then, an exception might be made for a "good customer". It's how things work in Mexico.

OK, thanks for the non-answers. Why do I bother...

Klutzy--We do tend to get side tracked.

I know that El Serape is very firm in not allowing smoking in the restaurant. He has two tables outside where he allows smoking.

Lexy

Archived