Chapala.com Webboard

Income requirements for Temporal and Permanente

El Saltos

Hopefully this helps: http://www.soniadiaz.mx/immigration.html

If questions do not hesitate to PM me and of course Spencer is never far.

saludos

Sonia

Today I applied for a Residente Permanante Visa in Calexico, CA. I am not fully retired and I do not collect my SS or my Pension. As such, I was only provided with a Residente Temporal because, as was stated to me, I am not retired. I had more than sufficient savings and investments and my income is derived from consulting work. They approved the Visa based on my bank deposits solely. Unfortunately this is contrary to the law as I understand it and contrary to the Consulate's (Calexico) website. Very puzzling!!

Today I applied for a Residente Permanante Visa in Calexico, CA. I am not fully retired and I do not collect my SS or my Pension. As such, I was only provided with a Residente Temporal because, as was stated to me, I am not retired. I had more than sufficient savings and investments and my income is derived from consulting work. They approved the Visa based on my bank deposits solely. Unfortunately this is contrary to the law as I understand it and contrary to the Consulate's (Calexico) website. Very puzzling!!

http://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/calexico/index.php/visas-for-foreign-nationals

"Applicants must also present the following documents, depending on the category under which they are applying:

Permanent Resident Visa in Mexico

a) Retirees or Pensioners:

Original and a photocopy of proof of investment or bank accounts with an average monthly balance equivalent to $100,000.00 USA dollars (1,300,000 pesos) during the last twelve months, or

Original and a photocopy of proof of monthly income from pensions in the amount of $2,500.00 USA dollars (32,500 pesos) during the past six months."

Not contrary to what their website states.

Updated info from my web site

http://www.chapalalaw.com/immigration-2/

VISA REQUIREMENTS AT MEXICAN CONSULATES OUTSIDE MEXICO:
To qualify for the temporary visa they must show a monthly income of 300 times the minimum wage (for 2016 it is 73.04 pesos) or 21,912 pesos or $1,270 US dollars using an exchange rate of 17.25 to 1 (using December 31, 2015 exchange rate). This must be documented with 6 months bank statements. People who have liquid assets may qualify showing that they have maintained an average balance of 5,000 times the minimum wage (for 2016 it is 73.04 pesos) or 365,200 pesos or $21,171 US dollars using an exchange rate of 17.25 to 1 (using December 31, 2015 exchange rate). This must be documented with 12 months bank statements.

To qualify for the permanent visa they must show a monthly income of 500 times the minimum wage (for 2016 it is 73.04 pesos) or 36,520 pesos or $2,117 US dollars using an exchange rate of 17.25 to 1 (using December 31, 2015 exchange rate). This must be documented with 6 months bank statements. People who have liquid assets may qualify showing that they have maintained an average balance of 20,000 times the minimum wage (for 2016 it is 73.04 pesos) or 1,460,800 pesos or $84,684 US dollars using an exchange rate of 17.25 to 1 (using December 31, 2015 exchange rate). This must be documented with 12 months bank statements.

You can apply for visas for your spouse (gay couples included) and children at the consulate at the same time or we can do it when you are here in Mexico once the primary applicant has their visa. Remember that in order to do this we will need birth / marriage certificates and apostilles (legalized copies for those from Canada or non Hague Convention countries).

Please be advised that the consulates might have their own special rules. Processing time varies from a few hours to a few days on average. We can consult with you prior to your trip to the consulate and then prepare you for finishing the process here in Mexico as well as advise you how to properly fill out the FMM form upon arrival so that there will be no processing delays. Clients have reported that the consulates in Laredo, Texas and Las Vegas, Nevada are some of the easier ones to deal with as Las Vegas only requires US$1,000 per month to get temporary. While the law says you must give 6 or 12 months bank statements, many consulates only ask for 3 to 6 months.

VISA REQUIREMENTS AT THE NATIONAL IMMIGRATION INSTITUTE INSIDE MEXICO:
To qualify for the temporary visa they must show a monthly income of 400 times the minimum wage (for 2016 it is 73.04 pesos) or 29,216 pesos or $1,693 US dollars using an exchange rate of 17.25 to 1 (using December 31, 2015 exchange rate). This must be documented with 6 months bank statements. People who have liquid assets may qualify showing that they have maintained an average balance of 20,000 times the minimum wage (for 2016 it is 73.04 pesos) or 1,402,000 pesos or $95,374 US dollars using an exchange rate of 17.25to 1 (using December 31, 2015 exchange rate). This must be documented with 12 months bank statements.

To qualify for the permanent visa they must show a monthly income of 500 times the minimum wage (for 2016 it is 73.04 pesos) or 36,520 pesos or $2,117 US dollars using an exchange rate of 17.25 to 1 (using December 31, 2015 exchange rate). This must be documented with 6 months bank statements. People who have liquid assets may qualify showing that they have maintained an average balance of 20,000 times the minimum wage (for 2016 it is 73.04 pesos) or 1,460,800 pesos or $84,684 US dollars using an exchange rate of 17.25 to 1 (using December 31, 2015 exchange rate). This must be documented with 12 months bank statements.

Spencer, must a Visa applicant be "retired" in order to qualify for a Residente Permanente? I was of the understanding that as long as the applicant met the financial qualifications for Permanente, then there would be no problem issuing such a Visa. Is there a way to circumvent the issuance of a Temporal within Mexico and re-issue a Permanente? It seems if the intent is to stay, which mine is, there would be no problem.

Jalisco immigration wants people to be retired, 2 years ago I got quite a few people in their 30s permanentes, some consulates have given my clients permanente and they were under 40, dpends on the consulate.

That info is way outdated.

http://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/calexico/index.php/visas-for-foreign-nationals

"Applicants must also present the following documents, depending on the category under which they are applying:

Permanent Resident Visa in Mexico

a) Retirees or Pensioners:

Original and a photocopy of proof of investment or bank accounts with an average monthly balance equivalent to $100,000.00 USA dollars (1,300,000 pesos) during the last twelve months, or

Original and a photocopy of proof of monthly income from pensions in the amount of $2,500.00 USA dollars (32,500 pesos) during the past six months."

Not contrary to what their website states.

It´s what the Calexico, Calif. Mexican Consulate has requested/requires for them to approve a Residente Permanente visa and outdated as it may be it appears they are sticking to it. I find many Mexican websites with outdated infomation and not upgraded often.

Has there been any change for going Permanente after 4 years of Temporal? It seems to me that it was possible with no financials as long as you applied within the small window of time. Still the same?

Has there been any change for going Permanente after 4 years of Temporal? It seems to me that it was possible with no financials as long as you applied within the small window of time. Still the same?

Yes still the same. And typically allowed to apply about a week before expiration as that is close to when you have your 4 years. Financials are not required when becoming a PR after 4 years.

Archived