Chapala.com Webboard

Anyone knowledegable on Infinitum Setup?

holdrja

A few weeks ago, we paid for a Telmex and Infinitum install for our rancho's manager, Javier Rodriguez, at his home in San Nicolas.

We provided a phone and a wireless router, and cables.

The phone is working but the Infinitum internet is not working -- he's still using Spiderweb.

Javier has called Telmex and they promised to send someone out to fix it -- but it's been weeks and no-one has shown up yet.

We can't get Infinitum where we live, so we have no idea what an Infinitum setup looks like. Any hints or suggestions?

I recently had a problem (it ended up that Telmex had to replace some of their wiring outside my place) that I couldn't handle to due language difficulties and technical stupidity. A very nice Mexican guy who speaks great English handled all the Telmex contacts and talked to the tech on the phone and got the problem fixed. Want me to ask him if he could help you out? He has a regular job but does side jobs like he did for me.

I have no idea what he charges since mine was covered by my rental agreement, but he was reliable and got the job done. Let me know if you'd me to contact him, and if so, give you his contact info.

I recently had a problem (it ended up that Telmex had to replace some of their wiring outside my place) that I couldn't handle to due language difficulties and technical stupidity. A very nice Mexican guy who speaks great English handled all the Telmex contacts and talked to the tech on the phone and got the problem fixed. Want me to ask him if he could help you out? He has a regular job but does side jobs like he did for me.

I have no idea what he charges since mine was covered by my rental agreement, but he was reliable and got the job done. Let me know if you'd me to contact him, and if so, give you his contact info.

Thanks, Serenity6,please do PM me his contact info.

Talking to the people at the Ajijic TelMex business office is like banging your head against a brick wall. Call the tech support number in Mexico City. Ask to speak to someone in English. They will send a directive to Ajijic for ACTION. 01-800-123-2222

Thanks, Serenity6,please do PM me his contact info.

I just sent him a message asking if its ok to give out his info (as he has a regular full-time job and does internet stuff on the side). He really was a godsend to me and is very professional (in my 3 years here, he was the only guy who ever called when he was running late to let me know he hadn't forgotten about me.) I'll PM you once I hear back from him.

Archived