Chapala.com Webboard

Possible Norovirus lakeside.... ?????

lcscats

I thought I got bad food a week or so ago. Well after some good friends did some research it looks like we have a norovirus here maybe. I lost 11 pounds in one day til I could hold down water. I am a tough cookie and this thing beat the crap out of me. Soooo maybe that bad food is a norovirus. Google this and check out the CDC site for info.

So go wash your hands and keep them away from your face when out in the real world. I know four people who had or have this condition. Violent throwing up and yes the other end is violent also. I don't wish this on my worst enemy. According to CDC it is very contagious.

There has been plenty of information on the news lately about the prevalence of Norovirus and how easy it is spread.

In that case can you direct me to the news about Norovirus as it relates to our area. I googled it and found nothing. Any virus is easily spread just as easily as fear of something that may or may not exist.

Norovirus is a common virus and yes, fits those symptoms. Whatever bug is causing this, thanks to lcscats for posting a reminder to observe basic sanitary personal health practices.

Most of us are older than dirt[pun intended] so do we really need a reminder of somethings so basic. :huh:

I know I talk a lot but do listen to me. It was a hell 24 hours and I lost 11 pounds and finally held down water or it would have been the hospital for an IV for me. Its around folks and I have a very healthy immune system what about the folks who don't????? Washy Washy Washy.. Thanks for the sympathy.

This board is for sharing information about the area, basically. I prefer to think of it as congenial chat amongst acquaintances. Most don't come here to represent professional opinions usually; but rather, to ask and answer questions. So here we have a guy, with a stomach like mine, who got completely floored by something along with people he knows.

There seems also to be a virulent strain of crankiness going around here. One of the symptoms is sniping at people who have done nothing more than suggest people watch out for their health.

And that, we can really live without. Personally, I appreciate Zed's reminder. We get sick enough often enough without doing it to ourselves through carelessness about washing up. Being older than dirt just makes us more vulnerable.

Archived