Chapala.com Webboard
sasesofe

What a spectacle

A great display of fireworks in two locations along the malecon in Chapala. Cruz Roja had the lights and sirens of all their ambulances going. I'm sure all the bad spirits have departed. Happy New Year. :blink::P:lol:

• Like 2

Chapala on the malecon was a lot of fun tonight. Out of the nearly 5 years I've lived here this was the best New Years and Christmas that I have had here! Kudos to the gobierno de Chapala they did an excellent job organizing this holiday season.

It was truly a wonderful evening on the Malecon last night...There has never a been a turn-out like that in the towns history...A great family outing with a beautiful fireworks show. This NYE was one of the highlights of our 28 New Years here in Mexico...Great weather, wonderful families, good fireworks and a huge well mannered crowd..GREAT<GREAT<GREAT..

• Like 2

Wish we'd seen it. Fell asleep by 10 pm, after a fun afternoon at the Legion. New Year's Resolution: take a nap next time, and get out and enjoy the fun!

After 2000+ posts it is time for you to get a life off your computer...

• Like 2

We thoroughly enjoyed the fireworks show from a lakeside home in Riberas. WHAT FUN!

Happy New Year to all,

Valerie :)

Sure it was great and it beats giving proper equipment to the Policia and Bomberos. NOT

I expect this is the way it will always be. A few years ago in Joco, we had a mayor who did boring things like repair roads and build bridges to little out-of -the-way villages. He wasn't nearly as popular as the ones who build flashy things and pay for extravagant celebrations. So it goes.