Chapala.com Webboard

bontepar

Listen to Sparks, Bontepar. The message is clear from all of us: Do not try to import/nationalize/regularize your US plated car into Mexico. The odds are 99.99% that it will fail and there are no refunds, or you will get illegal plates and subject your car to confiscation or worse. You are listening only to what you want to hear and may be unaware that Mexican culture makes it almost impossible for a Mexican to say, “No“; especially if money is involved. When one persists in calling or e-mailing, there will simply be no reply, as you have already discovered. If you are going to reside in Mexico on a visa, you will need to purchase a car in Mexico sooner or later. Sooner is better.

As long as you realize that you will get a completely different answer if asking any of the Mexican amateur car clubs in Guadalajara. There are loads of Jalisco plated, European built vehicles in Guadalajara. For example, ask them over on the BMW club there. As you have probably figured out Mexico is still very much a "it's not what you know, it's who you know" country. Anything can be bought or sold here. Anything.

http://bmwclub.org.mx/

The European cars you seen here were imported for sale by new car dealers. They can do it, you can't.

Which exactly proves my point -the dealer buys the car, imports the car, and then sells it back to you. The problem with this method (and this is one of many options), is that you have to pay the 16% IVA, not on the declared value, but the blue book value.

Listen to Sparks, Bontepar. The message is clear from all of us: Do not try to import/nationalize/regularize your US plated car into Mexico. The odds are 99.99% that it will fail and there are no refunds, or you will get illegal plates and subject your car to confiscation or worse. You are listening only to what you want to hear and may be unaware that Mexican culture makes it almost impossible for a Mexican to say, “No“; especially if money is involved. When one persists in calling or e-mailing, there will simply be no reply, as you have already discovered. If you are going to reside in Mexico on a visa, you will need to purchase a car in Mexico sooner or later. Sooner is better.

Listen buddy I am not as stupid as you think, you can get ripped off...true but there are hundred if not thousand european made cars that people have been able to ..LEGALLY LEGALIZE with LEGAL PLATES, is done under an Amparo

Well, we are one of the ones that got taken for $4500.00 U.S. and came away with a fake papers. Now in the States selling it for way less than it is going to cost us to replace it ... especially after paying out the nose for fake papers, time, hotels, air fare back, food, dog sitters, on and on and on. Our advise is take it to the States and sell it.

This email I received today: "I sent money and paper work to Nogales in November 2014, nothing has happened and I can not contact the agent". The persons involved are Raquel Prieto Ortega and Jose Olivo at Nogales.

saludos

Sonia

Archived