Chapala.com Webboard

bontepar

I would not nationalize anything right now, have had so many friends taken to the cleaners.

It could work all right if your attempt including consulting a good lawyer, following the law to the letter and doing the job yourself the hard way by taking the vehicle to the border. Everything else is fraught with risk. I, too, know people who were parted from their money by some slick operators.

Lots of fraud. You need to ask yourself if it is worth the risk. Is it a Jaguar that James Bond would drive or a 15 year old one worth under $6,000US? Doing it legally will run $3,000US or more.

Lots of fraud. You need to ask yourself if it is worth the risk. Is it a Jaguar that James Bond would drive or a 15 year old one worth under $6,000US? Doing it legally will run $3,000US or more.

Orest quoted me 3400 US That I will gladly spend, I think 007 would drive it but not when in action it is a convertible.

My question is is this guy reliable,...honest??

Friends just went to the border 1 month ago and did everything they were suppose to with a border agent others have used and were successful in the past, not the lawyer at the border won't respond to e-mails.

Even the people with good references can (and sometimes do) rip you off. As they say, "He did a really good job right up until he didn't."

From what I read and hear, a whole lot more people got taken than got nationalized. Maybe things are different now. Maybe the process is not as fraught with risk as it used to be. But, maybe it is.

We were asked by a daughter last year to investigate importing their European made 2007 LandRover which they drove while living in Africa and Bangladesh. It was not eligble to come back with them to the US but the department would ship it to any othe rcountry that would accept it. It was not possible to bring it here because of Mexican government regulation on importation of vehicles from Europe. We have also considered importing my own 2003 Jaguar and have decided against it because of all the fraud, plus I expect to drive the car until I die, around 90 or so, and don't want to have to jump thru hoopa to take it back into the US after importing it to Mexico. So I remain temporal until of course the rules change, which they will, and I can keep it forever. Because when I bought it I promised the husband it was the last car I would buy.

You can only nationalize at 2007 and 2008, NAFTA made vehicle at the border as of today. This will change soon but not now.

My web site covers this under "nationalizing".

No one can legally nationalize a non-NAFTA vehicle nor been able to do so for almost 2 years.

saludos

Sonia

I went to one of Orest's talks when he first got in town about two years ago. I felt his knowledge was weak at that time, as he gave several pieces of incorrect information on which he backtracked when I questioned him. I was also able to negotiate a lower price by several thousand pesos with him. He also, at that time, said he could do my nationalization without my vehicle going to the border. Way too many red warning lights for me to use his services. I did not know he was still around.

You know, I have never seen a post by anyone that has used Sonia to do that for them that has suggested or stated that she is not honest nor have they been "taken": Only posts against her are by those who are jealous of what she knows. So, it strikes me funny that people just don't ask her "straight up" if she thinks it can be done, and then move on from there. No one else here knows more about the current and future rules than she does. That is part of her business. She and Spencer complement each other on this Board, and both have given a LOT of free correct info.

The person at WaMart ask if he received plates with process? Ask for copies of pedimento and factura and take then to Aduana and ask if legal.

In EdoMex which surrounds Mexico city non-NAFTA cars are getting plates and told not to try to change them to another state. mmmm There is a Mafia type organization issuing the plates.

The next legal non-NAFTA nationalizing is to come into effect in February I am told but no promises. Their will be two amparos for NAFTA made vehicles in February one being our own and we will apply those waiting to it.

A woman whose first name is Linda and lives in Manzanillo was processing 2 cars through a person well known at Nogales and after a year he will not answer phone. Another man in Manzanillo along with several others in Manz and PV were working with an agency called "AGENCIA ADUANAL" (cute name) and card says 8 days to nationalize. He will not answer phone and can not be found even though we have his phone numbers and email address.

A woman in SMA nationalizes cars and after waiting well over a year has been told there is no solution and asks me to help.

Bottom line, be very careful and ask to see documents of others completed and then search ADUANA and REPUVE to see if truly processed for starters.

All the delays violates NAFTA and yet corrupt politicians and judges keep trying to stop nationalizing. It is not Aduana's fault.

best

Sonia

Bontepar, just because the vehicle is still in the same person's possession after paying thousands of pesos and getting a nice, shiny new license plate does not necessarily mean the vehicle was imported properly nor in Mexico legally.

The very fact that you started this topic and your source is another Jag owner in the WalMart parking lot concerns me about you going through this process without a trusted facilitator and attorney, both of whom have posted on this topic offering you their expertise.

Is it a classic? I believe there are some different rules for classic cars imports. Try to Google importing classic cars to Mexico if that is the case. Otherwise, you have been given very good advice on this board, if you prefer to proceed despite that advice, may I only say good luck, god speed and hold on tight.

It has been my experience on this and other boards that once someone decides they really want to "nationalize" their car, they will go through some process no matter what anyone else says. The man who is going to take your money says it is okay fine and the guy in the Walmart parking lot says it worked out for him, so it must be okay. No matter what an attorney and facilitator say or the horror stories of those fleeced, cheated, or fooled the determined will go forward.

It may well work out just fine with no legal blow back or entanglements. You may not get cheated out of thousands of dollars and end up back where you started from just poorer. You may not end up with fake plates that will one day get your car confiscated. Maybe an attorney and a facilitator know less about the law than the guy in the Walmart parking lot. Maybe you really are smarter and luckier than the hundreds of people who have already been taken in various nationalizing schemes.

Thank you, but please tell me what do I need a lawyer for?

I asked for anyone that had dealings with Orest, so far only one told me he didi not like him.The rest of the stories I have heard many times, including close friends that got ripped off

If an amparo is coming up I shure would like to know

Thank you,Nicolo

Is it a classic? I believe there are some different rules for classic cars imports. Try to Google importing classic cars to Mexico if that is the case. Otherwise, you have been given very good advice on this board, if you prefer to proceed despite that advice, may I only say good luck, god speed and hold on tight.

Hi,it is not a classic (over 30 years old)

The person at WaMart ask if he received plates with process? Ask for copies of pedimento and factura and take then to Aduana and ask if legal.

In EdoMex which surrounds Mexico city non-NAFTA cars are getting plates and told not to try to change them to another state. mmmm There is a Mafia type organization issuing the plates.

The next legal non-NAFTA nationalizing is to come into effect in February I am told but no promises. Their will be two amparos for NAFTA made vehicles in February one being our own and we will apply those waiting to it.

A woman whose first name is Linda and lives in Manzanillo was processing 2 cars through a person well known at Nogales and after a year he will not answer phone. Another man in Manzanillo along with several others in Manz and PV were working with an agency called "AGENCIA ADUANAL" (cute name) and card says 8 days to nationalize. He will not answer phone and can not be found even though we have his phone numbers and email address.

A woman in SMA nationalizes cars and after waiting well over a year has been told there is no solution and asks me to help.

Bottom line, be very careful and ask to see documents of others completed and then search ADUANA and REPUVE to see if truly processed for starters.

All the delays violates NAFTA and yet corrupt politicians and judges keep trying to stop nationalizing. It is not Aduana's fault.

best

Sonia

Hi if an amparo is coming up, please let me know rennicint@yahoo.com

Thank you, but please tell me what do I need a lawyer for?

I asked for anyone that had dealings with Orest, so far only one told me he didi not like him.The rest of the stories I have heard many times, including close friends that got ripped off

If an amparo is coming up I shure would like to know

Thank you,Nicolo

You seem to be determined to try .... to be ripped off. It's all the other stories that are important ...... not this one individual

Archived