Chapala.com Webboard

An Early Christmas Present from the American Congress

Ferret

Not sure how accurate True Activist is, but the Cannabist (an edition of the Denver Post) is usually the most up-to-date and they only mention that "DEA eases restriction on research of marijuana compound CBD". Seems like the kind of thing they would have picked up.

http://www.thecannabist.co/category/news/us-news/

Yes Merry Christmas to all be you in Texas, where the gasoline is so cheap or to those of us who are lakeside enjoying the good weather and Gas at only 13.57 pesos (I think) per liter which at 17.29 pesos per US dollar( spot rate according to Yahoo finance) makes the cost of gas here lakeside about $2.97 per gallon

Fortunately since everything is so close and convenient here, we use a fraction of the gasoline here we do when staying with our relatives in Arlington, TX. The freedom of being able to walk to stores, restaurants, banks, groceries, etc. etc is the thing we like the next best about living here.

The scoot fills for 45 pesos twice a month. Not going to worry much about the price of gas. My new hoverboard does 15 miles on a single charge at 15 mph. Not with me on it and not on our tennis courts.

Riding and maneuvering is easy. Stepping on and off definitely requires more practice so don't expect to see me zipping around the Walmart parking lot or on the bike path alongside the carretera anytime soon. Maybe I need walking sticks....as long as I don't need crutches.

The US Gov't only allows one grower to supply marijuana to researchers and the quality is very poor... kind of like how they sole sourced Obama care websites (that don't work) to Michelle's college friend in Canada (the company that developed the failed gun registration system for Canada.) Must be nice to be a crony.

The US Gov't only allows one grower to supply marijuana to researchers and the quality is very poor... kind of like how they sole sourced Obama care websites (that don't work) to Michelle's college friend in Canada (the company that developed the failed gun registration system for Canada.) Must be nice to be a crony.

According to FactCheck.org, your claims about Michelle Obama were proven to be false over two years ago. Perhaps you should keep your politically biased misinformation to yourself.

http://www.factcheck.org/2013/12/michelle-obama-and-cgi-federal/

Only Glen Beck and other far right wing sites make these claims.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/whitley.asp

Thank you for the updates about the Obamacare websites. It appears that I was mistaken about the sole-source aspect. However, I was not mistaken about the fact that the contract was awarded to a foreign company (which seems antithetical to US interests, but heck, the US has foreign companies handle their Visas) or that their websites failed miserably. See: U.S. visas continue to be handled by foreign contractors ... (which seems much more antithetical to US interests from a loyalty perspective than maybe even having a foreigner as President!)

And I know for a fact that the US government only allows one marijuana supplier for researchers, as I was retained by a University to help them try to get approval to be allowed to grow and provide marijuana of the quality that researchers need, but was unsuccessful.

A tale of two countries and their differing philosophies on the research of Medical Marijuana. There is a LOT of research going on in various countries. Peer reviewed research is the gold standard but do not assume for one minute that just because there's so little being research in the States that it doesn't exist. As a matter of fact, by the time the U.S. gets its act together, it may already have been left in the dust.

Anecdotal information is everywhere on the internet. Do your research because the info is out there and MAY help you. There are no guarantee's though, just like there are no guarantees with any medicine. However, there seems to be way fewer side effects (if any at all) than with pharmaceuticals.

Yours to discover.

http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/research/files/papers/2015/10/20-war-on-marijuana-research-hudak-wallack/ending-the-us-governments-war-on-medical-marijuana-research.pdf

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v525/n7570_supp/full/525S12a.html

Thank you for the updates about the Obamacare websites. It appears that I was mistaken about the sole-source aspect. However, I was not mistaken about the fact that the contract was awarded to a foreign company (which seems antithetical to US interests, but heck, the US has foreign companies handle their Visas) or that their websites failed miserably. See: U.S. visas continue to be handled by foreign contractors ... (which seems much more antithetical to US interests from a loyalty perspective than maybe even having a foreigner as President!)

And I know for a fact that the US government only allows one marijuana supplier for researchers, as I was retained by a University to help them try to get approval to be allowed to grow and provide marijuana of the quality that researchers need, but was unsuccessful.

It appears the sites you read are not familiar with how consulates are staffed. The U.S. consulate in Guadalajara is staffed with Mexican citizens who approve visas, replace U.S. passports, handle SS issues and any other U.S. issues.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/employment/media.html

Did you notice that only the far right sites are the only ones with this story?

Marijuana is still illegal on the federal level. Why would there be extensive research in an illegal substance? The U.S. normally has private companies doing their own research so I don't understand your complaint.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pot-monopoly-20140529-story.html

Seriously, a foreign-born president?

It appears the sites you read are not familiar with how consulates are staffed. The U.S. consulate in Guadalajara is staffed with Mexican citizens who approve visas, replace U.S. passports, handle SS issues and any other U.S. issues.

I'm not so sure about that,it was a rude dumb gringa who denied my wife a tourist visa at that consulate and the vice consul who I spoke to about it was originally from India.

Just like Mexico, the United States exercising more diligence in who they grant a visa to>>At least I hope so.

bigd.

My wife submitted a stack of documents,marriage certificate,deed to the house,bank account statements,etc.

The stupid $%&beach behind the counter didn't even bother to look at them before denying the visa,the employees at the consulate are worthless.

The vice consul in charge of visas told me that he would put a note in my wifes file but that she would have to re-apply and pay the fee again,I told him to shove it.

With that attitude I am sure they will bend over backward the next time your wife applies for a visa.

Not to worry,she won't be appliying again,

The ones with the attiude were the ignorant lazy moronic bureaucrats employed at the consulate.

I'm not so sure about that,it was a rude dumb gringa who denied my wife a tourist visa at that consulate and the vice consul who I spoke to about it was originally from India.

You are sure the person was a U.S. citizen and not a Mexican citizen with excellent English? I have known several Mexicans here who speak English without any trace of a Spanish accent.

Of course, if she was rude, she might have been a U.S. citizen.

Archived