Chapala.com Webboard

Arileo's Holiday Hours

Semalu

Arileo's is open on the 24th and 31st of December. In addition to their usual menu they will have a special for December 24th and 31st :

The Dec 24th menu choices includes soup or salad, stuffed turkey or prime rib with apple cobbler for dessert.

The Dec 31st menu choices include soup or salad, prime rib or brisket and baileys creme brule for dessert.

Check out their hours and regular menu online at http://arileosteakhouse.com

Here is their email int he original:

ESTAREMOS ABIERTOS EL DIA 24 Y 31 DE DICIEMBRE, ADICIONAL A NUESTRO MENU REGULAR TENDREMOS ESPECIAL PARA EL DIA 24 UN PAQUETE QUE INCLUYE SOPA O ENSALDA, PAVO RELLENO Y COBBLER DE MANZANA. Y OTRO PAQUETE DE SOPA O ENSALDA, PRIME RIB Y COBBLER DE MANZANA.

Y PARA EL DIA 31 ADICIONAL A NUESTRO MENU REGULAR ES SOPA O ENSALDA, PRIME RIB Y CREME BRULE DE BAILEYS. Y OTRO PAQUETE DE SOPA O ENSALADA, BRISKET Y CREME BRULE DE BAILEYS.

GRACIAS, ESTAMOS A SUS ORDENES

Ah, used to be a good value at Arileo. Not any more, I guess.

Not as big a surprise as seeing the flyer at Cocinart for their special New Years Eve party: three course dinner with all the trimmings, going on till midnight.

$650 pesos per person. Sounds like a fine old time for those with both the pesos and the party desire. :unsure:

Cheer up CG, feeling a little of the holiday blues? You gotta expect prices to change in 40 years no? I'd like to find somewhere in Toronto where you can get a full blown New Years shin dig with meal like Cocinarts for about 50 bucks, or xmas dinner for under 30 bucks like Arileo (CAD$). We both know Cocinart and Arileos are the best deals in town if you want good quality along with good prices.

There goes the dinger...Now, back to cooking my own Christmas dinner

There's something traditional about ripping people off on New Year's Eve. 40 years ago in Canada I was paying $125 a head for a noisemaker and a stupid hat. Here the extra $500 pesos covers the midnight grapes, I guess.

I don't think there is any deception or "ripoff" involved in the holiday restaurant parties. You and I and everybody else knows what an extra-special three course dinner costs on a non-holiday evening, so we know that around $300 pesos should cover it, without drinks. The rest of the cost is all about being in a "partay" on the last day of the year. Some folks relish the idea of a noisy, tipsy crowd to celebrate with. Some folks would rather avoid the scene. So, yes, they're paying for this in the same way that they paid sky high prices in their earlier years for tickets to a rock concert. It's a choice.

Me and my guy have the champagne ready to chill and plan to chow down on the best pizza in town, at home. There'll be a fire in the fireplace, and if we can stay awake till midnight, we may see some fireworks from the rooftop. Prospero New Year to all, regardless of how you celebrate!

Cheer up CG, feeling a little of the holiday blues? You gotta expect prices to change in 40 years no?

Sure, which means that $125 night out 40 years ago is probably a thousand bucks by now. But we are here, not there, and maybe I am just grumpy myself... and I don't really wanna pay triple-inflated prices just because it's another night. I've always felt these things were ripoffs... doesn't matter the country. I'm an equal-opportunity grump.

Archived