Chapala.com Webboard

Do You Dare to be a Bear?

The "mud plunge" of 2012 was not so much fun, and a reasonable location in the lake hasn't been available in recent years. Cruz Roja Volunteers decided the event was too much fun to abandon so the beautiful Monte Carlo pool was chosen as the new event site.

I guess the "condition" of The Lake is too much of a challenge this year, but was lots of fun the 1st year event was held

The first year there was only the founder,his wife and another woman. They raised just under 10,000 pesos. Were you the other woman because neither he nor his wife are on these boards? By the way the founder Mr. P will be going in again this year and is looking for more sponsors. He claims that he will be going in for the full 20 minutes and is seeking 200 pesos for that or more.Yes it's fun but after that initial year it usually raised around 200,000 pesos including the draw.That pool is colder than the lake i am told.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are confronted by a bear don't hesitate to give them 200pesos for staying in the water 20 minutes. that pool is colder than the lake. Mr. P tells me one of his moto club members has given him 1000 pesos and other members of the club and their biker friends,all Mexican,have donated some. So far only one member of the other MC club here has donated anything and I know some of them have needed and used Cruz Roja.

Remember CR operates on donations and nothing else. There are also tickets for a draw to be held the day of the big dip.

And remember those international scammers, dressed in white nurses gear [male and female] who constantly hang out on the carretera in front of Walmart, are not CRUZ ROJA.

We still have room for a few more bears, so contact Margy (see contact information on poster above) if you're interested. You don't need to wear a bathing suit - most of the bears will be dressed in shorts and t-shirts. If you don't want to get wet, come by for the buffet and the party and to cheer on the bears. See you there!

We still have room for a few more bears, so contact Margy (see contact information on poster above) if you're interested. You don't need to wear a bathing suit - most of the bears will be dressed in shorts and t-shirts. If you don't want to get wet, come by for the buffet and the party and to cheer on the bears. See you there!

The founder says he might wear his purple thong [eeewww!]so pledge a bunch to keep him from doing this ugly thing..

If you want to support Cruz Roja and do not personally know a bear, PM Gogirl on this board. I did not know her but offered to sponsor her after she posted here. She is a delightful person and active in the community. She deserves some more support. Be a sponsor. It is part of your annual donation to Cruz Roja. A painless, fun way to support the service that might one day save your life or the life of someone you love.

Not this year yet but at or near in '11,'12 and '13. There was no swim in '14 and '15 There is a draw as well as the swim. Have you contributed yet ComputerGuy? Mr. P and his wife have so far collected about $3000+ each which is low for them. there are usually about 20 bears participating.

Archived