Chapala.com Webboard

Fumigators.

Jistme

We're being inundated with tiny black insects that leave bite-marks on the skin while we're asleep.

On two separate occasions we've had gardeners carry out exterminations, nothing changed. We don't have pets.

If these little pests sound familiar, and you've had success exterminating them with a reputable Fumigator, please pass

on their information here. We're in the San Antonio area.

Gracias.

Bed bugs? I don't think so, they are so tiny they can barely be seen by the naked eye. They're in other area's of the house besides the bedrooms.

I have heard of insects called"No-see-ums" maybe this is what they are. We do have tropical trees very close to the house.

It was suggested that I may have unwittingly carried them in from the garden. In nine years in this house we've not experienced anything like this infestation.

There is a tiny black fly... which I call "black flies", because I tend to belabor the obvious.

They sting (or bite, no need to get technical here) and are particularly bad at night. As a short term measure, use a good Deet insect spray on your feet and ankles. I used to get bitten in bed at night on my feet. So yes, spray yourself.

My first rental here in Riberas was plagued with them. There was a lot of standing water around, so you might check for that. You might need to keep windows closed at night. See if that helps. Since you didn't have them previously, I'd look around for environmental controls as well as spraying your house.

As a last ditch measure, have you considered a electronic bug zapper? I use one at night in my house. It's an automatic "I win" button for those of us impatient with half measures.

Check your mattress, along the edges, just in case it's bedbugs. Bedbugs usually bite in three places close together and have an intense itch. You may have brought them home with you from a hotel somewhere. I got bit in a hotel and itched like crazy.

Archived