Chapala.com Webboard

Location of sunday Ajijic Market

greg deutsch

Moreles is the street on the North side of the plaza. It runs East to West. There is a cremeria just West of the plaza on the Southside of Moreles that carries a lot of goods from Costco.

Running off Moreles, North up one of the streets that intersects it, are booths selling hardgoods similar to a tianguis on Sunday but not the produce.

There are many very good produce stores on Moreles.

Joco, Assuming you are indeed talking about Morelos in Ajijic, and not Morelos in Chapala, could you please clarify the location of the produce stores again, perhaps you mean Zaragoza, which is located a block north of the Plaza, or perhaps Guadalupe Victoria? Morelos is north-south trending and is the same street as Colon. The name change occurs south of Ocampo/Constitucion.

Ocampo/Constitucion is east-west trending. Most (not all) roads change names on the axis of Colon/Morelos (or Ocampo/Constitucion, all things considered ) Where Colon/Morelos is on the "y" axis and Ocampo/Constitucion is the "x" axis.

Please see the map link below.

The Morelos located in Chapala is the same street we know as Hidalgo or "the carreterra" that joins Ajijic to Chapala and is east-west trending (well, southeast actually where Hidalgo turns into Morelos at the traffic light) and there is a Mercado de Abastos a block north of there for good produce.

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/@20.300476,-103.2645134,17z

Please don't shoot the messenger. I had nothing to do with the street naming selection process, but there are some people who may be confused by your directions given for "Morelos"

I don't think there is a "Moreles" lakeside. Colon, in Ajijic, becomes Morelos at the south end. In Chapala, Morelos is straight through the lights if coming from the west of town. *Madero is the main drag through Chapala, which runs north and south. (Joco is most definitely talking about the Morelos in Jocotepec. We seem to be going in circles here...)

Morelos (and the indoor Mercado) in JOCO is a great street for all kinds of shopping - produce, meat, fish, dry goods, general stuff... There is a Sunday Tianguis in Ixtlahuacán with several good produce vendors but it is a bit of a drive from Ajijic.

I don't think there is a "Moreles". Colon, in Ajijic, becomes Morelos at the south end. In Chapala, Morelos is straight through the lights if coming from the west of town. *Madero is the main drag through Chapala, which runs north and south.( Joco is most definitely talking about the Morelos in Jocotepec. We seem to be going in circles here...

I'll help out. It's one block north of Vallarta, one way heading east.....in Guadalajara.

Joco, Assuming you are indeed talking about Morelos in Ajijic, and not Morelos in Chapala, could you please clarify the location of the produce stores again, perhaps you mean Zaragoza, which is located a block north of the Plaza, or perhaps Guadalupe Victoria? Morelos is north-south trending and is the same street as Colon. The name change occurs south of Ocampo/Constitucion.

Ocampo/Constitucion is east-west trending. Most (not all) roads change names on the axis of Colon/Morelos (or Ocampo/Constitucion, all things considered ) Where Colon/Morelos is on the "y" axis and Ocampo/Constitucion is the "x" axis.

Please see the map link below.

The Morelos located in Chapala is the same street we know as Hidalgo or "the carreterra" that joins Ajijic to Chapala and is east-west trending (well, southeast actually where Hidalgo turns into Morelos at the traffic light) and there is a Mercado de Abastos a block north of there for good produce.

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/@20.300476,-103.2645134,17z

Please don't shoot the messenger. I had nothing to do with the street naming selection process, but there are some people who may be confused by your directions given for "Morelos"

This whole thread has been about one poster thinking there is a tianguis in Joco on Sunday and there isn't.

How did Chapala get into it?

There is great shopping on Morelos in Joco near the location of the plaza.

Morelos (and the indoor Mercado) in JOCO is a great street for all kinds of shopping - produce, meat, fish, dry goods, general stuff... There is a Sunday Tianguis in Ixtlahuacán with several good produce vendors but it is a bit of a drive from Ajijic.

I feel like a fact checker after the political debates. There is a tianguis in Ixtlahuacan on Sundays. I would hardly call it " a bit of a drive". For people that can drive to the tianguis in Chapala it's about another 3 minutes.

This whole thread has been about one poster thinking there is a tianguis in Joco on Sunday and there isn't.

How did Chapala get into it?

There is great shopping on Morelos in Joco near the location of the plaza.

The thread started because someone asked about the tianguis in Ajijic on Sunday. Chapala came in because you called Morelos "Merelos" and people were trying to figure out where that was.

The Sunday market or tianguis is in Joco.

I feel like a fact checker after the political debates. There is a tianguis in Ixtlahuacan on Sundays. I would hardly call it " a bit of a drive". For people that can drive to the tianguis in Chapala it's about another 3 minutes.

The thread started because someone asked about the tianguis in Ajijic on Sunday. Chapala came in because you called Morelos "Merelos" and people were trying to figure out where that was.

My replies were to the above person who said there is a Tianguis in Joco on Sunday.

If you read where I replied you would know that. People misspell words on this site all the time. I don't think I have ever called a person's attention to misspelling a word, I look it up if I need to.

The problem is that it became unclear in which town Morelos was since just about every town has a Morelos and there could be a Mereles.. Except for the few stands near the plaza in Ajijic there is no tianguys on sunday in Ajijic or Jcotepec, it threw evryone out..No big deal.

It's pretty close for us since we live in Chapala Haciendas, but I didn't know about it. Where is this Tianguis? Near the plaza?

It's pretty close for us since we live in Chapala Haciendas, but I didn't know about it. Where is this Tianguis? Near the plaza?

I'm assuming you're talking about the one in Ixtlahuacan. As you drive into the center of town the plaza is on the right, going right from the plaza the tianguis is a couple of blocks down. Can't miss it, they have several streets blocked off.

The problem is that it became unclear in which town Morelos was since just about every town has a Morelos and there could be a Mereles.. Except for the few stands near the plaza in Ajijic there is no tianguys on sunday in Ajijic or Jcotepec, it threw evryone out..No big deal.

Don't all the towns here have the same street names?

I have never seen a Mereles street anywhere.

I misspelled Morelos which exists in almost every Mexican town. I don't know why anyone thinks Moreles and Morelos are confusing.

Right, there is no tianguis in Joco on Sunday. The person who said there is one, thinks one produce stand makes a tianguis and it doesn't.

My replies were to the above person who said there is a Tianguis in Joco on Sunday.

If you read where I replied you would know that. People misspell words on this site all the time. I don't think I have ever called a person's attention to misspelling a word, I look it up if I need to.

Joco--see the other thread on chapala.com

"NON" existing Sunday Mkt in Jocotepec

No Joco not all the towns have the same names accross the board and along with names of national heroes there are names of local politicians or heroes and Mereles could have been a Jocotepec name. If you want to be clear spell the names of the streets correctly to start with.

Archived