Chapala.com Webboard

Over-the-Counter Reading Glasses

Natasha

We both need new reading glasses -- no need for fancy prescriptions -- BUT we insist on being able to try them on!

This rules out WalMart (and for that matter CostCo). Have not been thrilled with those at Farmacia Guadalajara.

Anyone have knowledge of where one can look Lakeside and actually try them on? (Dr. Rios does not have any .. already checked.)

Gracias!

I live in PV area, and around here, you can find them in most Mexican dollar stores (TODO POR 25 PESOS!) for 25 pesos. Usually on a rack near the front, or the little skinny ones that come in a case on the counter. Surprising what you can find in those places, actually, like steel wool, which I had been looking for at hardware and paint stores, and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Thanks to all. Price is not the main issue -- durability is. We find the Farmacia Guad ones not to last well, and some bought on the street in Guad lasted about 2 weeks! But will definitely try Farmacia Cristina, and the store in Ajijic Plaza..... maybe we'll have better luck.

I have 2. 2.5 and 3 - a bunch of them since I leave them everywhere, need them all over the house and the strength I need changes with tired etc.. These are like regular glass, a couple are sunglasses, lots of colors with flexible ears. Joy Mangano off Amazon. I can do without a few of them.

Archived