Chapala.com Webboard

Cazadores reataurant in Chapala

cedros

I thought it was time to try this place out. It was closed with no sign saying what days or hours it was open. Google was no help-one listing just said closed. Does anyone know what days, hours they are open?

According to their web page:

Restaurante Cazadores Casa Braniff

Restaurant
Address: Calle Ramón Corona 18, Centro, 45900 Chapala, Jal., Mexico
Phone:+52 376 765 2162
Hours:
Monday Closed Tuesday 1:00 – 8:00 PM Wednesday 1:00 – 8:00 PM Thursday 1:00 – 8:00 PM Friday 1:00 – 8:00 PM Saturday 1:00 – 8:00 PM Sunday 1:00 – 8:00 PM

• 2 weeks later...

My opinion for 40 years overpriced soso food.

True, but the house is interesting and you can wander through much of it before taking a table on the porch to watch the world go by. It is, unabashadly, a tourist trap for weekend visitors, but worth doing once in a lifetime, at least.

I went there last week. The food and service were good. It was very interesting to see the house inside. It looks like it might have looked 90 years ago. Furniture, pictures, etc. all in situ.

We went there a couple of times a few years ago, haven't felt like a formal meal so haven't been recently. The pork shanks are great. Wonderful to sit and watch the world go by. Cost higher than normal, but less than some of our more flashy Ajijic eateries. I've often wondered why more foreigners don't eat there. I do feel a constraint when going there, that I need to dress nicely, if only because I feel like I'm representing the entire foreign population of Lakeside :-)

Archived