Chapala.com Webboard

December Electric Bill

Floradude

Make your life less troubling and deposit what is typically the average $ amount of several months of electric bills, your choice of 2-12+ months. You will still receive your bills but with a (0) balance due..some simple addition and subtraction will let you know when it is time to visit their office and make another deposit . This works especially well is you travel out of country frequently. I have seen many of your beloved banks fail to make timely payments and the unlucky owners arrive without power and have to wait several days to rectify their banks error. I pay in advance with CFE, Telecable, Telmex, the same time each year that we pay our taxes and water bill. Just learned that Telecable's new owners are not offering their annual "you pay 12 months in advance" and they credit you with 14 months...

Yes I realize that this large $$ outlay does not suit everyone but it keeps some of the drudgery to a tolerable level.

Make your life less troubling and deposit what is typically the average $ amount of several months of electric bills, your choice of 2-12+ months. You will still receive your bills but with a (0) balance due..some simple addition and subtraction will let you know when it is time to visit their office and make another deposit . This works especially well is you travel out of country frequently. I have seen many of your beloved banks fail to make timely payments and the unlucky owners arrive without power and have to wait several days to rectify their banks error. I pay in advance with CFE, Telecable, Telmex, the same time each year that we pay our taxes and water bill. Just learned that Telecable's new owners are not offering their annual "you pay 12 months in advance" and they credit you with 14 months...

Yes I realize that this large $$ outlay does not suit everyone but it keeps some of the drudgery to a tolerable level.

That is what I was trying to do via the CFE website but it does not seem to provide the ability to do what you are suggesting. As I am on solar, I wouldn’t mind paying 6 months or more in advance. Do you know if this can be done at Walmart or Oxxo or does it mean going out to the CFE office in Chapala?

That is what I was trying to do via the CFE website but it does not seem to provide the ability to do what you are suggesting. As I am on solar, I wouldn’t mind paying 6 months or more in advance. Do you know if this can be done at Walmart or Oxxo or does it mean going out to the CFE office in Chapala?

To pay your CFE bill in advance using the machine click the button that says "anticipo" and deposit the amount of money that you want to pay.

For 13 years, we simply stopped by CFE at the appropriate time of month and paid at the machine. On two occasions, when no machine was working, we paid at the cashier or, more recently at Walmart, Soriana, etc. If traveling, we could make an “anticipio“ payment to cover the time away.

So, what the H are you all complaining about? If you have no balance due, the machine will indicate that fact. If you don‘t know when to expect your bill, pay ahead for a month or three.

KISS

All I want is a bill or the ability to pay ahead at the bloody machine in Chapala or how about a machine in Ajijic? If you don't get the bill you can't pay at OXXO cause you don't have the stub cause they took it when you paid last month. I can deal with Telmex or Telecable but CFE points you at a machine and you don't want to wait for the very nice human as she/he is pretty busy and a wait for sure.

I have never spent so much time trying to pay an electric bill. Maybe the infamous pre pay ahead card is less torture. Monthly billing bah humbug laugh out loud.

You can take an old bill and use it to pay ahead of time. I've done this when I travel. One time paid enough in advance to last 3 months. I checked on line to be sure there was enough left to pay that month's bill.

Still no CFE bill. But our neighbour received his today for a 2 month billing perIod ended December 16. We have solar and have a meter with a dual read out - one for gross consumed and the other for the gross generated. The net is what we pay for.

So I am wondering if the problem is with some of the solar bills. Anyway, I printed out my November bill from the website (still no December bill on the site) , which I had already paid using the paper copy, and went to Walmart to pay it again - thus creating a credit against what I estimated the December bill should be. I wanted to pay more than the total on the November bill but they told me I could only pay the exact amount of that bill!

So I guess if you want to pay in advance for 2 or 3 months, you would have to go to CFE in Chapala which may not particularly convenient for some people. Hopefully the amount I paid is sufficient to cover December and they don't turn us off over Christmas! :mellow:

Not to worry, Cortland. CFE has notified businesses that they are changing their meter reading dates and therefore their residential billing dates. These changes will impact those of us who have solar photo-voltaic panels as well. Personally, I hope we solar folks go back to the two month period instead of one.

Check with the folks who installed your solar panels they will have information that may help you understand how you will be impacted. Oh, and while I am at it, I'm a little early but..................

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Archived