Chapala.com Webboard

Big Walmart Ad.

Jistme

Since this morning I've had a big Walmart ad on the right-hand side of my computer screen, all in Spanish.

Since my Spanish is too limited to know how to delete it, I'd appreciate some pointers.

This is a shoppers ad for holiday "specials'...I did not subscribe, so don't know why I've been targeted for this ad.

Thanks for any feedback.

Check to make sure that your home page has not been hijacked, that your search engine has not been replaced, and that there are no new Add Ons in your browser settings. Then check your Programs and Features via Control Panel to make sure no malware has been installed without your knowledge. Also check msconfig.exe to see if any rogue startup programs have been installed. Download and install MalwareBytes anti-malware tools and do a thorough scan of your system. You may also want to check the properties of your icon shortcuts to the browsers themselves, to make sure they have not been repointed at advertising sites.

Sometimes just rebooting the computer works. If all this is too much, call an expert.

Also check your browser content tab under options and verify "block pop ups "is turned on(selected with a check mark), then check the exceptions button to make sure a site didn't slip in that way. Do the same in the security settings, checking the exceptions. If any exceptions are installed that you do not want, you can delete them there.

Archived