Chapala.com Webboard

Entering at Nogales - K21 questions...

Travis

Some clients will be driving here from Nogales and it's been so long since I did it, I don't remember. Besides recommending the Mariposa crossing, they need to look out for where they stop to get their car import permit, and where they stop to get their tourist visa / aduana check. It seems to me there were two different places you had to stop. I know one of the stops is at K21 - was that Immigration/Aduana or was that car stuff? And where is the other located? Thanks.

Perfect. I know they'll need to do the car import permit deposit with a credit card, but if I recall, even back in 2008 there was an atm at that location to access pesos. Did you notice if that is still the case? They'll need pesos for gas / tolls etc., but first stop is likely Guaymas, so they can get them there, too. Thanks so much for recent info!

Travis, there was an ATM within the complex but it was out of order. Granted that was over a month ago, so it could be working again but I wouldn't depend on it :)

I paid for the TIP with my credit card and had enough pesos to get me through to an ATM in Hermosillo. I drove an SUV with a full tank of gas and didn't have to fill up until Guaymas and tolls from the border to Guaymas were less than $100.00MXN (that being said, I crossed through town and I believe that the Mariposa crossing has an additional $50.00MXN+ in tolls).

This website is handy for budgeting tolls and estimated gas costs: http://app.sct.gob.mx/sibuac_internet/ControllerUI?action=cmdEscogeRuta

Buen Viaje!

Travis, there used to be a couple of casa de cambios in the shopping center at the intersection of I19 and W. Mariposa Rd (the road that goes out to the crossing). But even if there isn't, there are a couple of banks on Mariposa just east of that intersection (Chase & BOA). They would have pesos. Of course an ATM will probably get the best rate but they are there too.

Archived