Chapala.com Webboard

Banking Troubles again

Floradude

Joco...

I do not want to cash US checks. I want to deposit them into my Mexican account so I can pay bills, etc. with pesos.

Cannot open a new bank account in the US without a valid US address.

Right, I know that, but used the wrong term. If it is deposited, it is cashed by the bank.

Do you have a friend or relative's address you can use in the U.S.? Most people use someone else's address in the U.S. so they can have mail forwarded to them.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joco...

I do not want to cash US checks. I want to deposit them into my Mexican account so I can pay bills, etc. with pesos.

Cannot open a new bank account in the US without a valid US address.

When we and so many others got dumped by Banamex USA and had to look for another US bank, it was impossible without a provable US address. And then we came across USAA (USAA Federal Savings bank). It does not require a US address, probably because it especially caters to USA service men and women, current and vets. Great bank, great service. I suggested it at the time to another member of this website in the same situation. They love it, too. I suggest you look into it if are still interested in establishing an account in a US bank. PM me if you have questions.

Lexy

Multiva provides everything I need in banking. I have a checking account, savings account, and investment account. They accept my US checks, charge me nothing for transferring payments (such as insurance), preparing a bank check for payment (think furniture) or receiving wire transfers from the USA. I don't know if they have an online bill payer function since I pay my utilities at Walmart or Farmacia Güadalajara. I have a Multiva debit card and I don't want a credit card from ANY Mexican bank. The fees are outrageous.

I know people whose utilities were not paid on time or at all by their bank. (Banamex, Bancomer) I know people who were told they were getting a no cost checking account whose deposits were consumed by service fees they weren't told about. (Bancomer)

How "international" do you want your bank to be? As big as HSBC who has been caught and fined in multiple countries for money laundering? As big as CITI/Banamex who arbitrarily dumps customers? You have choices.

Multiva provides everything I need in banking. I have a checking account, savings account, and investment account. They accept my US checks, charge me nothing for transferring payments (such as insurance), preparing a bank check for payment (think furniture) or receiving wire transfers from the USA. I don't know if they have an online bill payer function since I pay my utilities at Walmart or Farmacia Güadalajara. I have a Multiva debit card and I don't want a credit card from ANY Mexican bank. The fees are outrageous.

I know people whose utilities were not paid on time or at all by their bank. (Banamex, Bancomer) I know people who were told they were getting a no cost checking account whose deposits were consumed by service fees they weren't told about. (Bancomer)

How "international" do you want your bank to be? As big as HSBC who has been caught and fined in multiple countries for money laundering? As big as CITI/Banamex who arbitrarily dumps customers? You have choices.

Historically and long time NOB residents and many "wealthy" Mexicans, would prefer a NOB bank over a Mexican bank......have you or your friends ever had your MX account compromised, how long did it take for monies to be replaced. (if it was replaced)

Our Banamex account was compromised by a professional-skimmer placed over a Banamex ATM.

The thieves made $6,000 pesos in withdrawals, logged in Vera Cruz, before we had it stopped. We have never made charges nor ATM withdrawals ever in the Vera Cruz area.

After 4 trips to the "correct" Banamex branch, and sitting for 2 hours on-hold over the phone with their main office, Banamex finally refunded the false charges 4 months later. A week later, when we had our next paycheck deposited, Banamex confiscated that deposit, "to recover the $6,000 credit" they gave us. That began the dance all over again.

After another 3 long phone calls and trips to the Banamex branch bank, with another 2 hrs sitting on-hold, Banamex re-refunded the stolen funds. and then confiscated them again when the following paycheck was deposited.

It took roughly 6 months to finally get it finally resolved.

The Banamex branch bank manager said they had over 100 complaints from other Banamex customers who had their accounts raided the same way. Otherwise, it has been smooth sailing with Banamex the last 5 years.

Historically and long time NOB residents and many "wealthy" Mexicans, would prefer a NOB bank over a Mexican bank......have you or your friends ever had your MX account compromised, how long did it take for monies to be replaced. (if it was replaced)

I have a US bank. I also want and have a local Mexican bank. No, my Mutiva account has never been compromised.

Our Banamex account was compromised by a professional-skimmer placed over a Banamex ATM.

The thieves made $6,000 pesos in withdrawals, logged in Vera Cruz, before we had it stopped. We have never made charges nor ATM withdrawals ever in the Vera Cruz area.

After 4 trips to the "correct" Banamex branch, and sitting for 2 hours on-hold over the phone with their main office, Banamex finally refunded the false charges 4 months later. A week later, when we had our next paycheck deposited, Banamex confiscated that deposit, "to recover the $6,000 credit" they gave us. That began the dance all over again.

After another 3 long phone calls and trips to the Banamex branch bank, with another 2 hrs sitting on-hold, Banamex re-refunded the stolen funds. and then confiscated them again when the following paycheck was deposited.

It took roughly 6 months to finally get it finally resolved.

The Banamex branch bank manager said they had over 100 complaints from other Banamex customers who had their accounts raided the same way. Otherwise, it has been smooth sailing with Banamex the last 5 years.

Thank you for sharing your experiences..

I am the originator of this link.

I did not use PayPal after I was denied by Xoom (which is owned by PayPal).

Tomorrow I am making one last visit to the manager at Banamex Chapala.

I have prepared a chart for 2015 showing the only deposit each month being my monthly social security payment.

I also have a column showing how much I actually spent each month with the difference being money that was

deposited by Wells Fargo checks.

I will tell him I do not care how long it takes to process (deposit) the check but if they will not take it I

will be forced to change banks.

If it comes to that I am thinking either Bancomer or Multiva? Which would you vote for (no long explanations please).

Did you look at this service?

https://www.uniteller.com/index.html

These sites are for people to send money for pickup by other members. Usually a Mexican living in the US sending money to a friend or family member.

They are for sending smaller amts. of money and not transferring from a US bank into a Mexican bank account by the same individual.

Banamex is not on the list.

These sites are for people to send money for pickup by other members. Usually a Mexican living in the US sending money to a friend or family member.

They are for sending smaller amts. of money and not transferring from a US bank into a Mexican bank account by the same individual.

Banamex is not on the list.

It states that it sends money to MX banks.

"Credit to Bank Account in main Banks, including:

Banorte, Bancomer, Bansefi and Scotiabank."

"With our UniTeller Direct Credit to Bank Account service we can transfer your money to bank accounts in Mexico, Latin America, and Asia in real time at a very competitive fee. Depending on the country, and the time sent, your money can be available in minutes in your beneficiary's bank account"

I didn't read that it excludes Banamex.
Why not do the easiest thing and get rid of Banamex and get a bank that is easier to work with?
This service is owned by Bannorte.
Banks it will transfer to the bank account, Bancomer is one.

That is too simple.

That is too simple.

We have accounts with both these banks and can withdraw from Bancomer ATM's, using a Compass card with no fee. If you have above a certain level in your accounts in Compass, there is also no international currency fee. We find the exchange rate to be good. However, they do not yet have a simple way of moving money between the two banks.

That is too simple.

That is too simple.

We have accounts with both these banks and can withdraw from Bancomer ATM's, using a Compass card with no fee. If you have above a certain level in your accounts in Compass, there is also no international currency fee. We find the exchange rate to be good. However, they do not yet have a simple way of moving money between the two banks.

Archived