Chapala.com Webboard

rotisserie chicken in ajijic

Stymie

There are 4 that I know of in Ajijic-all in the "downtown" section-3 on the carretera and one on the plaza. Pechugon (East of Colon) has the best chicken but Pollo Feliz (farther East by the Prisa store) has better condiments especially their beans. There must be some more. The one by Coca Cola isn't rotisserie.

Don't go with a franchise. Go local and family owned. Lupita's is a couple doors from Farmacia Similares on the mountain side of the highway very near Colon and has been here much longer than the newbie franchises which have taken away a part of their livelihood.

I don't know this place or Farmacia Similare. Is it east or west of Colon?

Faby rotisserie is very good.

Painted yellow, on the corner, North side on the Carretera.

(One of the corners going west on the Carretera/west of Colon)

That's not in Ajijic and it's not open during the week.

Your right, it's not in Ajijic, but in SAT and it isn't rotisserie, but "spatchcocked", a la parilla. It was open today and I think they are there almost every day. It's Pollo David.

JFYI, in SAT, on the Carretera, Walmart and Tony's son do have rotisserie chicken.

WalMart chicken is, in my opinion, the tiniest, most-dried-out and overpriced piece of food for many miles around. Soriana makes both kinds: spatchcocked and rotis, and both are just dandy, although I find the spactched is juicier. Polla David is open seven days a week by the Coke bottling plant, and twice on weekends.

Archived