Chapala.com Webboard

Intercam taking US checks again?

solajijic

We have been out of town so might have missed an announcement. The Intercam website says they can take US checks again thru their bank. That would be great. I will check with Marta in the morning.

They will only cash a check if you have a savings account there. They will cash a check up to the amount you have deposited there.

They are actually taking money out of your account to give you cash. The check you write is then a deposit back to your savings account.

This is how CI Banco could cash US checks and they started doing the same thing.

Lloyds has always taken a long time even when it was a private institution. I have always thought that the only reasonable explanation for the length of time is that they use your money. WE have used both Intercam and Multiva and they take a day, two at most.

Multiva takes 30 days for me. Are you able to do it in two days because you are writing a check lower than the balance in an investment account?

Multiva also takes 30 days to clear a check for me and I AM writing a check lower

than my investment account. Curious...

Archived