Chapala.com Webboard

stoneleigh

Not meaning to pick on you but I see this so often. If someone is going to take the time to write a review of a restaurant it would sure be nice if we could get, #1 a location, maybe some idea of what kind of food is being offered, and even when they're open if possible.

I think someone has already noted that Opa! is located at #2 Morelos which is what Colon becomes after you cross Constitucion. From the parking lot at the Lake, it is about 2 blocks up and on the east side. Foods so refreshingly good it should be packed with diners every day.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they are not doing enough to promote themselves but the mostly Greek food is very good and the owners nice. The tzatziki is the best I've ever had. Dog friendly and no smoking, and I think they're open till 8. They serve locally-brewed Corazon de Malta beer, yum. I'm waiting for them to get in some baklava!

Yes they are not doing enough to promote themselves but the mostly Greek food is very good and the owners nice. The tzatziki is the best I've ever had. Dog friendly and no smoking, and I think they're open till 8. They serve locally-brewed Corazon de Malta beer, yum. I'm waiting for them to get in some baklava!

Dog friendly? How can they allow that, being a totally indoor restaurant, with no patio seating? The restaurant is small, with a tight seating arrangement. Having a dog in such a small space could lead to someone being hurt by tripping over the leash.

Dog friendly? How can they allow that, being a totally indoor restaurant, with no patio seating? The restaurant is small, with a tight seating arrangement. Having a dog in such a small space could lead to someone being hurt by tripping over the leash.

If so, I won't be patronizing them. Being dog friendly isn't always being people friendly.

Bad publicity.

Artsnob, please stop goading people who don't like dogs in restaurants. You do a disservice to the restaurant owners who are kind enough to allow you to bring in your dog. While a dog may be in the restaurant only every now and then there are people who will now never go in there. You may think that is just fine but the owner can not afford to lose customers. Please do not reward their kindness to you by going out of your way to cost them business.

Artsnob, please stop goading people who don't like dogs in restaurants. You do a disservice to the restaurant owners who are kind enough to allow you to bring in your dog. While a dog may be in the restaurant only every now and then there are people who will now never go in there. You may think that is just fine but the owner can not afford to lose customers. Please do not reward their kindness to you by going out of your way to cost them business.

Thank you. Very well put.

I am thoroughly convinced that those who take dogs to restaurants have absolutely no regard for the other diners and even less concern that the restaurant manages to stay in business. It is obvious that they have no concern for the law and are only selfishly concerned with their own convenience. In many cases, the dog is that person‘s only companion; for a reason.

I am thoroughly convinced that those who take dogs to restaurants have absolutely no regard for the other diners and even less concern that the restaurant manages to stay in business. It is obvious that they have no concern for the law and are only selfishly concerned with their own convenience. In many cases, the dog is that person‘s only companion; for a reason.

Simple: these are the "It's ALL about ME" people. This carries over into every other part of their relations with others.

But, look at the bright side: There are many more whose thinking is: "It's all about ALL of us". These are all the volunteers who care about the welfare of children, dogs and cats and poor people. May there be blessings to all of them. :D

If you are referring to me, I give thousands of dollars a year to animal and children charities, That is why I have a room named after me at the LCS, And my art classes are the most popular at Lakeside...I teach 3 days a week

I'm referring to all of the people who think like that. If you read RVGringo's post above, you know what insisting on flaunting the law and the consideration of others means when you insist on taking your pet into a restaurant.

It means that, quite aside from your charitable contributions..... you want what you want, regardless. It's a choice. You can change yours.

Why is it that almost every restaurant review is hijacked concerning the dog issue? Please keep to the OP's post and if you have an issue about dogs (either pro or con) start another thread.

It didn't start until post no. 6, then the gloves came off. Saying a restaurant is dog friendly is waving a red cape in front of a bull.

I imagine most restaurants are "dog friendly" or like dogs, why wouldn't they?, but allowing them to mingle with other patrons, and they do have to enter and leave, is what the controversy is.

Why isn't smoking allowed and people who object just don't patronize those establishments. That's the argument being put forth.

It didn't start until post no. 6, then the gloves came off. Saying a restaurant is dog friendly is waving a red cape in front of a bull.

I imagine most restaurants are "dog friendly" or like dogs, why wouldn't they?, but allowing them to mingle with other patrons, and they do have to enter and leave, is what the controversy is.

Why isn't smoking allowed and people who object just don't patronize those establishments. That's the argument being put forth.

It would really help if people like Artsnob didn't deliberately troll whenever the chance arises.

The issue about dogs was done and dusted on several separate threads. It's illegal. The 'dog people' don't care. It's all about them.

Shall we ignore this and return to talking about Opa, where we have no choice in the matter at present except to not go there?

Archived