Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for large outdoor thermometer in C and F

JayBearII

Anyone know where I can buy one, preferably in the Lake Chapala area, or anyone have one to spare?

Okay, I will put this at the bottom of the list. An accurate thermometer would be more desirable.

The notions store on the plaza in Ajijic. I have bought several there. If you want accurate take one you know is accurate along with you and compare it to the various ones on sale.

The notions store on the plaza in Ajijic. I have bought several there. If you want accurate take one you know is accurate along with you and compare it to the various ones on sale.

When I picked up these two, they were the last on the shelf, so there was no way to know. In Canada, if one learns anything, it is how to test a thermometer before buying it, but I was trapped this time. And I figured my chances were 50-50, which indeed panned out. Now, if I could just figure out which one is accurate...

Put the thermometer in a container with ice. Let it sit for a while, until the thermometer reads 32F/0C and is stable at that temperature with ice still remaining & melting. If it does not read that temperature, but the ice is still melting, slip the indicator to the correct reading; the melting point of ice.

Put the thermometer in a container with ice. Let it sit for a while, until the thermometer reads 32F/0C and is stable at that temperature with ice still remaining & melting. If it does not read that temperature, but the ice is still melting, slop the indicator to the correct reading; the melting point of ice.

They don't like you doing that in the store before you buy it.

Does it really matter..................mas o menos..................

My sentiments exactly. I have an outdoor thermometer and if reads 61 or less, I wear jeans to breakfast. 62 or more I wear shorts. The rest of the numbers are irrelevant.

Archived