Year 3 -- 10 days

Year 4 -- 12 days

Year 5 -- 14 days

Year 10 --16 days

Year 15 --18 days

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's difference between "two weeks" pay and 14 days of vacation (which is nearly 3 weeks).

My maid has worked for us for 10+ years. She works 5 days per week. She gets 2 and 4/5 weeks of vacation, i.e. 14 days.

"There's difference between "two weeks" pay and 14 days of vacation (which is nearly 3 weeks). "

Are you sure that the "quince dias - 15 day" of official "daily pay" works out to your "nearly 3 weeks" ?

If you are paying her for 5 days of work, according to what Sonia wrote, you divide that weekly pay by 7 days, to get the official "daily pay" rate ...

That would be your (5 paid day total) divided by 7, for an official "daily rate" that is 5/7'ths of what you pay her.

Continuing to following Sonia's formula, you multiply that official "daily rate" times 15 days of Aguinaldo...

15 days of Aguinaldo pay x your "daily rate" (5/7th's in your case) = the years total Aguinaldo pay

In your case

15 days Aguinaldo x 5/7'ths = 10.71 days of pay - not 3 weeks (10.71 days using what you actually pay her per work day)....

This legal amount is a little over (just 0.7) of your plan to pay her for "2 weeks"

Then add in the legally required 16 days of vacation:

16 days Vacation x the official "daily rate" (5/7'ths for your example) = ???

Why not pay her the added 0.71 days that comes from Sonia's calculation?

Why not pay her the other 16 days of vacation pay she is owed?

El Saltos.
If you send me a PM with the $$ amount that you pay her each week, I'll be glad to calculate the Aguinaldo + Vacation pay she is owed, using Sonia's formulas.

The Aguinaldo difference is not much, as it adds just-under one more day's pay for her (0.71 days more).

And I'll do it in time to meet the Dec. 20'th deadline. ;)

Happy Holidays !

Archived