Chapala.com Webboard

Retorno Seguro Dos

RickS

A facilitator acquaintance of mine in San Miguel de Allende (no, not that one) has informed me that, after her phone call to a DF Aduana contact this morning, she was told that the new Retorno Seguro requirements are/might be that the this SAT document will be available at Airport Aduanas instead of only in DF.

Only time will tell I guess.

Based on a call, SAT in Celaya no longer processes. I was told Aduana at QRO airport. They told me to call SAT in QRO centro as they did the process. Well so much for that. :-) Then I was told to call SAT in Mexico City. I am finalizing the process and will post soon.

saludos

Sonia

Guadalajara Aduana told me today that they will not be doing them at the Guadalajara airport.

Retorno Seguro

On Tuesday Dec 1, 2015 I spoke with SAT’s representative Jessica Amaya Lopez 01-55-12-03-1000 ext 47691.

DOF Web site for application form is half way down the page: Solicitud de autorizacion para el retorno de vehiculos extranjeros con permiso de importacion temporal de vehiculos vencidos, de conformidad con la regla 4.2.20.:

http://www.dof.gob.mx/nota_detalle.php?codigo=5416019&fecha=19/11/2015

Complete the form and only copies of these are required:

1. Passport

2. Utility bill 90 days in any name which will be address used for courier

3. Driver's License (Mexican, Canadian or American)

4. Visa front and back

5. Vehicle Title

6. Receipt when you paid for the car permit

7. Permiso de Importacion Vencido (document from which the windshield permit was removed)

If someone else is going to represent you in presenting the documents in Mexico City you need a copy of the representatives ID along with a letter from title holder in Spanish saying you authorize this person to represent you.

If a person other than vehicle owner will be driving the car in the accompanying letter you must state their full name as on their passport and provide a copy of their ID.

Address:

Av. Paseo de la Reforma #10, Piso 26

Col. Tabacalera C.P. 06030

Delegacion Cuahutemoc

Mexico City, D.F.

ATTN: Lic. Sylvia Marcela Robles Romo

Administradora Central de Apoyo

Juridico de Auditoria de Comercio Exterior

There is no cost. Process takes about 15 working days; the office in Mexico City sends it to your local SAT office, which for people in San Miguel is Celaya. That office then sends it to your address, all by courier. Or, a person can take the documents for you with no need of a power of attorney.

The Retorno Seguro is good for 5 days.

At same time I know of no one who was taking their car out of Mexico one last time and had a major issue. After seeing this process I suspect others will do what many have done and that is simply drive out without a Retorno Seguro.

saludos

Sonia

I updated my web site so easy to find in the future.

http://www.soniadiaz.mx/vehicles.html

Hi,

They told us that we or the person needed to pick it up personally that they would not send out, please confirm?

Hi,

They told us that we or the person needed to pick it up personally that they would not send out, please confirm?

Spencer I did confirm by being on phone for 30 minutes. You may want to call DF and ask Jessica. As we know especially new rules change quickly. :-)

Sonia

So i'm going to FORECAST that by the time you receive your letter, the 5 days will have expired. A replacement takes 30 days: 15 to cancel & 15 for the replacement. Who dreams up these procedures? We need bios & photos so we can plug up their personal Facebook accounts.

I agree with Sonia: Just Drive Out!

My husband drove out with a Retorno Seguro. He was a Permanent Resident. He was stopped by Federales and showed his PR visa. He did not show Retorno Seguro as was not asked. Unfortunately, he was told by 3 dealers they could buy our car which had Ontario plates but previously registered in the US. Once in Texas all 3 dealerships said they could not. He drove back to SMA and waited while we nationalized our vehicle.

In the past when explaining Retorno Seguro to clients some have obtained the letter and equal numbers just drove out. I truly believe, if stopped and the issue came up, and you explained why you were driving to the border, the chance of a problem is extremely low. I have never known one person who has driven out to the border with the purpose of not returning with the vehicle with an expired permit, having an issue. Can there be, yes but it is extremely remote. With the new process few will follow it while waiting for the Retorno Seguro and then when it does come, not knowing what day that will be and then to start driving out within a day or two.

Of course some will have "what-if" scenarios but keep in mind there are hundreds of thousands of "chocolates" illegal vehicles in Mexico.

The greatest consistency in Mexico, is inconsistency.

saludos

Sonia

We are getting more info and they may now send the final letter to be picked up at the local SAT office, we are asking about some minute details that I see can be problems but if all goes well we might have it fixed although there will be an extra 3 weeks added to the process.

I wonder if one can pick up in Mexico City and if that would make a difference in timing. My sister has returned license plates in DF for my clients. She pick these up and courier over night in some instances.

FYI one has 5 days starting day after you receive your Retorno Seguro.

saludos

Sonia

I wonder if one can pick up in Mexico City and if that would make a difference in timing. My sister has returned license plates in DF for my clients. She pick these up and courier over night in some instances.

Sonia

Why did your clients need retorno seguro permits,couldn't they regularize their vehicles thru the UCD program that you were promoting?

Why did your clients need retorno seguro permits,couldn't they regularize their vehicles thru the UCD program that you were promoting?

Nice dig but really dumb from one hiding behind a screen name. Cowardly and childish. When you buy a car in another state the plates need to be returned to that state before getting plates in your state. My comment was about LICENSE PLATES and how may a similar process expedite a Returno Seguro.

Meanwhile thread is about Retorno Seguro.

saludos

Sonai

Nice dig but really dumb from one hiding behind a screen name.

Sonia/John,FYI,95 percent of the people posting on these forums use screen names...

Have the people who gave you tens of thousands of pesos to get their vehicles nationalized received refunds for the nationalizing you were promoting and could not achieve?

Anyone asking for a refund has it. But if you are suggesting I am doing something illegal I have no problem in charging you with slander and those operating this web board as enablers.

Sad you can not keep to the subject and post helpful information regarding the subject. Then again, a subject like most of which you have no knowledge.

But any time you want to discuss my number is 415-106-1499 and my email is SONIANGEL32@hotmail.

And my web site is very informative.

saludos

Sonia

But if you are suggesting I am doing something illegal I have no problem in charging you with slander and those operating this web board as enablers.

Sonia

Ay que miedo me das!

A quien vas a demandar? A cbviajero?Que mensa..

Buena suerte coyote/a..jaja.

Anyone asking for a refund has it. But if you are suggesting I am doing something illegal I have no problem in charging you with slander and those operating this web board as enablers.

Sad you can not keep to the subject and post helpful information regarding the subject. Then again, a subject like most of which you have no knowledge.

But any time you want to discuss my number is 415-106-1499 and my email is SONIANGEL32@hotmail.

And my web site is very informative.

saludos

Sonia

------------------------------

Don't you ever get tired of advertising and self promoting on this board?

I guess not. It must be lucrative.

------------------------------

Don't you ever get tired of advertising and self promoting on this board?

I guess not. It must be lucrative.

She is not advertising on this board any more than other people who provide similar services and with whom she communicates on the board. I don't understand the anger by some of you toward someone who has provided valuable information for many of us.

Usted no atacas Gary. He demostrado que cometió fraude. Se robó miles de dólares. Pero, él es caucásico. Él es hombre. Soy femal y mexicana. Usted es racista y un matón. Eres un cobarde.

Again you contribute nothing.

And you can call me or write any time to discuss.

saludos

Sonia

Moderators: can you do something about these obsessive and nasty attacks by cbviajero and slainte 39. They are personal, off topic and embarassing to the gender of men. I have been sent warnings for far less.

Wait a second there chillin.

Sonia just called me a racist,a coward and a killer/maton,that's slander and a personal attack,which is in violation of this forums rules,she's the one who should be chastised.

You called Sonia a thief. That is very disappointing. You did start it.

No I did not, I simply asked if her clients had recieved refunds for the money they gave her for nationalizing their vehicles that never happened.

Re-read the thread.

Archived