Chapala.com Webboard

Butter

Plumeau1

Grupo Lala is a Mexican dairy company, founded in 1950 in Torreón, Coahuila. It is the only dairy company that operates nationwide in Mexico. It expanded into the United States in 2008, acquiring a manufacturing plant in Omaha, Nebraska, and in 2009, LALA acquired National Dairy, Farmland Dairies and Promised Land. The company's Chairman is Eduardo Tricio and the CEO is Arquimedes Celis. LALA is now the largest dairy company in Latin America. The company name makes reference to its origin "La Laguna", a region located in Northern Mexico where the Mayran Lagoon

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check the PROFECO site that reviews butter and margerines. I should not have said Belgium co should have said Belgium. The fact that Lala is Mexican does not prevent it from importing butter from Belgium..They also were reported as having less butter in the packaged than mentioned on the packaging..

Plumeau, I can't help myself. The word for street market is tianguis, always with an 's' at the end, whether it's singular (one tianguis) or plural (two or more tianguis).

Thank you More Liana

Tiangui with an S

You must have been a school teacher

Sorry pobody's nerfect!!!

Just received a reply from a friend who manages an IGA store back home in Canada, he was telling me that butter is in abondance an in a new store opening, they are d'avertising it at $ 1.99 cad per LB.

But that is in Canada and not Costco MX

For your info

For the past few years I have been trying to get Costco to bring down Kirkland salted butter. The store manager on Lopez Mateo (I think that's the street), Manual Miel is behind my effort, he agrees it is needed here with the large amount of ex pats looking for it.

Listed below is the e-mail of the buyer for Costco. I suggest those of you who really want salted butter e-mail Paty with your request and maybe ask to speak with Manual the next time you're shopping there and let him know, maybe some pressure will convince them to stock it here in Mexico.

The response I received from Paty (quite a while ago) was that she was working on it but there were certain restrictions by the Mexican government who are making it difficult.

Paty Rump <prump@costco.com>

Buena suerte!

For the past few years I have been trying to get Costco to bring down Kirkland salted butter. The store manager on Lopez Mateo (I think that's the street), Manual Miel is behind my effort, he agrees it is needed here with the large amount of ex pats looking for it. Listed below is the e-mail of the buyer for Costco. I suggest those of you who really want salted butter e-mail Paty with your request and maybe ask to speak with Manual the next time you're shopping there and let him know, maybe some pressure will convince them to stock it here in Mexico. The response I received from Paty (quite a while ago) was that she was working on it but there were certain restrictions by the Mexican government who are making it difficult. Paty Rump <prump@costco.com>

Buena suerte!

And you're not the only one, although we thank you for your efforts. This has been going on for years, and if it was going to be resolved, it woulda been by now.

Just received a reply from a friend who manages an IGA store back home in Canada, he was telling me that butter is in abondance an in a new store opening, they are d'avertising it at $ 1.99 cad per LB.

But that is in Canada and not Costco MX

For your info

Please explain he meaning (in english) of "d'avertising." Is it the same as "advertising?" This is a sincere question.

computer guy that is what you call the regular butter. Just taste it.

i bought a stick of Lala butter yesterday, and I must say, spread on a warm bun, it tasted perfectly good to me. No rancid smell or taste, and talk about a lot cheaper than imported... unsalted, of course, but hey.

CostCo in Zapopan had tons of Kirkland unsalted butter in both sizes today, Thursday December 3, 2015. $132p for TWO 454g packages.

EIFT: I made a serious mistake yesterday... looking at the package, I thought the whole thing was 454g. So the price is actually $66p per, which is substantially cheaper than Lurpak or any of the others.

It's Costco.

Well if we are allowed to bring in Canada into the discussion, I'd like to know what is so special about this Alberta company, Foothills Creamery, that they have had to turn down $3 million in orders because they simply can't get enough cream.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/foothills-creamery-butter-shortage-1.3348807

Is butter the new bacon for 2016?

i bought a stick of Lala butter yesterday, and I must say, spread on a warm bun, it tasted perfectly good to me. No rancid smell or taste, and talk about a lot cheaper than imported... unsalted, of course, but hey.

M, I'm sure I saw salted Lala at Walmart SAT, at the bottom of the cooler where Lala is stacked from top to bottom.

Also worth mentioning, that among the many acquisitions in Mexico and the US by Lala, is Borden's, making it one the largest dairy products operation in the world. They have a multitude of brand names in different regions of Mexico and the US.

Have you ever had Lala unsalted? I never have but then I do not buy salt butter, In France salt butter is somewhat of a specialty or regional item. When we say butter we mean unsalted so I never look for salted butter. If I want to add salt to it I can alwasy do that.

His first language is French, so I see the confusion and it is quite understandable.

Yes, he means advertising. D'AVERTISEMENT, in French.

Avertissement means warning

And avertising was just a miss spell, should have read advertising instead

Sorry for the confusion I created

But like the y say " Pobody's nerfect"

Please explain he meaning (in english) of "d'avertising." Is it the same as "advertising?" This is a sincere question.

Simply an honest IPAD keyboard miss spelled error, nothing to do with my primary language ( French )

Bienvenue.

Hi to everybody,

Just wanted to let you know that we sell real SALTED butter at the monday morning market in San Antonio and at the tuesday organic market (La Huerta).

Our name is BELGIAN SMOKE'N STUFF Philippe and Lisette). We're from Belgium and we make the butter like it is made in Belgium.

The price is 40 pesos for 200 gr.

Wa also sell :

- Cold smoked wild salmon

- Smoked hams (when available)

- Smoked salmon mousse

- Smoked bacon

- Sausages (different flavors) : natural (thyme, sage), Cajun, Italian, Spinach and mushrooms etc...

- Rillettes (french speciality : Porc meat (ham) cooked very slowly for a long time, then mixed with différent herbs)

- Herbs and garlic cottage cheese

- Italian cold cuts (coppa, capicola)

- Smoked cheese

- Chicken liver mousse

- Belgian chocolate spread

- Belgian waffles (when available)

- COMING SOON : Belgian smoked saucissons.

Hope to see you at the market.

Philippe and Lisette from Belgian Smoke'n Stuff

post-52277-0-46895800-1449522587_thumb.j

Simply an honest IPAD keyboard miss spelled error, nothing to do with my primary language ( French )

Bienvenue.

This is not directed at you but in general does anyone look at their post before hitting "submit"? I don't think many do.

Archived