Chapala.com Webboard

Books in English

palmajeank

Yes the Magazine room at LCS has surplus books from the Library for sale. You do not need to be a member to buy books. Money goes to buying new books for Library. We had a bookstore in town but it went out of business a few years ago. Thrift shops have books also. Borrowing books from each other is very popular. Many houses here come with good book collections. You won't have any problem finding books to read. LCS library which you do need to be a member has a very large collection of English books. Books are everywhere especially if you know folks.

I do not know if you are temporary or permanent, but it possible now to borrow ebooks from public library from your nob home place and most time it is a free service that they provide free of charge to their resident tax payers

My wife, reserves and receives her books online, books fresh from the editor, french or english, the web version of the book are being downloaded directly into her IPAD

Worth checking into it

Since getting my Kindle I have access to a greater variety of books than what I've found available at Lakeside to borrow or rent. I can find much of what I read for free on the internet. I have an aversion to paying $8-14US for a download when downloads are very much cheaper to produce than a paperback book and the author is not getting much more of the revenue than before electronic books.

My brother and daughter opened library accounts for me in California,now with my Kindle I have free instant access to hundreds of thousands books,it's a fantastic service and It sure is easier than trying to find a decent selection of English language books in Guadalajara where I live.

Archived