Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
xtrailer

Short or long term housestting

Good morning all!

I wanted to take a quick moment to introduce myself and offer my free services as a housesitter.

I’m one half of a bilingual Mexican-Canadian couple. We live in Guadalajara, but we are looking to relocate lakeside in the near future. The big city is getting to be a bit too chaotic and we’d like less traffic and more hiking trails! Housesitting is the perfect way for us to get to know different areas of Jalisco before committing to purchasing our own home.

During the holidays, we are normally found housesitting a large beach home in the bay of Chamela, but this year our scheduled housesit is undergoing major construction after being hit hard by Hurricane Patricia.

As locals, we have managed situations ranging from escaped horses, flash flooding, power outages, snake and scorpion bites, and everything in between. We are also accustomed to dealing with everyday Mexican bureaucracy at CFE, Megacable, Zeta Gas, etc. Finally, we have a 4x4 off-road capable vehicle (we are “xtrailers”) and we’re not afraid off large or remote properties and the upkeep that they require.

Each of us runs a telecommuting business and we work from home during the day. We also have a loving, well-behaved rescue dog that travels with us. He is well trained and personable, but he has also proven to be an effective "guard" dog in the past and alerted us when someone was trying to break in.

If anyone is looking for short term or long term assistance, please let me know. We are happy to drive out to the lake (or elsewhere) to meet in person!

And if anyone has any questions on matters pertaining to Guadalajara, please consider me a willing resource.

Saludos!

- Jo