Chapala.com Webboard

where to buy airplane model glue and paint?

love2scoot

There is that large arts store in the same strip mall as the Home Depot on Aqueducto, near the Periferico in downtown GDL. They may have it, but try the local papelerias or the dollar store on Ajijic plaza first. If you are not sure what to ask for, bringing a picture of the product will help them help you. You can find these using Google search.

The large art store is called Lumens, they are a national chain who offers delivery in this area, but I haven't tried it out. Do you own searching. I have a feeling that airplane glue is restricted here because thats what the huffers use, if not glue, then gasoline.

http://www.lumen.com.mx/catalog/categoria.php?IDSEC=1

What this area needs is some bilingual person to act as translator/facilitator on a fee for service basis. Sort of like the mailbox companies. You come in, tell them what you are trying to order, they phone, you pay.

I guess wasn't clear. I mean little tubes of glue for little model kits that come in a box and cost 10-15 dollars. Anyone know where I can buy glue for these types of model kits?

If you had scroll down to halcon's second post in the thread I sent you the link for you will find the address and contact info for the best hobby store in Guad which will have the glue. Hyperlumen nest to Home Depot on Aquaducto in Zapopan is potentially another source. And you might just try Efren Gonzalez gallery here in Ajijic. He sells art supplies and might have some in stock.

Archived