Chapala.com Webboard

Old issue obviously never resolved

EZPZ you used to be, and probably still are, a musician. I have noticed that mediocre and outright lousy musicians, DJs, or bands like to play real loud. If they don't, people start loud conversations to try to talk over the music, then come the drunks, then the hecklers. A great many musicians are rather egotistical - so a crowd that is talking amongst themselves will simply not do. Stop them in their tracks by starting loud, and staying loud.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amusing thread.

Although, I agree that the loud music is out of control in some of the venues (whatever they are called) I also think that constant barking like a dog at the local authorities will not win any friends and changes . This is a corupted society where money talks and few barking ex-pats are not going to change it. On the contrary. I would be very careful how loud I bark.

Forget the laws...make friends...buy beer for everybody and join the party. Be a diplomat not a combat soldier. You will see big difference in your accomplishments.

You are not in Kansas any more.

My opinion only ...probably not yours.

Well said......

I have never seen a topic where the horse has been beaten to death more thoroughly by one, two, or a few people (mostly one), than this one.

IMHO...give it a rest.

Well if this is truly a "corupted" society, and anybody who is trying to make their community a better and healthier choice is nothing but a "barking dog", then the answer is real simple - just pay the bribe takers more $$$ than they are receiving from the greedy business owners. As already been established, this noise mostly affects young people, elderly and the poor. They do not have the luxury of moving wherever they please. It cost a neighborhood in Puerto Vallarta about $5,000 on professional "evidence" to shutdown 2 illegal clubs. Now they have precedence. This will never happen here. Putting up with an unhealthy situation, trumps putting your hand in your pocket, or dipping into hard won tax revenues.

There has been no constant barking. The was one meeting with the Huerta administration which was largely productive and resulted in fairly decent enforcement of the federal law. No omissions warranted followup.. There has been no meeting with the Degollado administration, of which I am a sworn in part. As Civil Protection Community Liaison I can delve in to any matter. I can NOT complain for others. There have to be representatives of those injured. Not a meeting of a hundred gringos , but, a properly managed small representative group addressing the targeted matters with the responsible officials , with focused outcomes requested..

Harry, the "constant barking" comment was not addressed at you and your efforts but the barking on this board, long term and useless. If you can get the complainers to take actions that resolve their problems the rest of us will be grateful.

amen to that! I'm all for less talk and more action. It worked with an administration that was against us. Now we have an administration that wants to work with us and we won't get off our asses!

Archived