Chapala.com Webboard

New membership structure?

Mainecoons

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

computer guy no one is stopping you from paying until your birthday and than renewing for a year after your birthday. Its optional to pay til your birthday and pay for a year after at the same time. OK get it now? Folks don't make to big deal over this. I will repeat a couple of the reasons LCS is doing this. 1.) to spread out cash flow over the year 2.) to stop the crowded conditions in the office this time of year. Splitting the family memberships to individual memberships takes time and make the office very crowded now. It should be much better next season.

If people pay for a year whenever they arrive, there would be no "crowds", so i don't see the value there. And spreading out cash flow is, to me, not a very business-like way of running a business, unless the suspicion is that if it all comes in at once, someone is going to naively spend it all at once.

No, I'm not, and for many reasons, and while this current "plan" wouldn't stop me from being a member if I wanted to, I think everyone is allowed an opinion, if that's what your getting at. I pointed out my reasons for dropping membership on other threads, so we don't need to rehash that negativity. I am well aware of the influx during the high season. And yes, "cash flow management" is a standard part of business practice, but not in the way it is being suggested here. That's not cash-flow management. It's "cash all at once". Anyway, no need to labour the point. We can agree to disagree.

Hopefully, there is good enough bookkeeping at LCS that they can anticipate their cash intake over the year and budget accordingly.

As far as "cheaters" finding ways to get in to members-only events, I have noticed that there are some folks here who have brought cheapness to the level of an art form, so I don't blame LCS for wanting to come up with a system to outfox them. ^_^

Didn't mean for you to take it that way CG. I will explain. Some days this time of year I have to stand at office door and keep folks out before we open. It is extremely busy and stressful for staff. Always have been. My point is next year it will be better after the load of splitting family memberships up and the high season load is spread a little bit out. It really does get crazy and I woudn't touch a job at the membership desk. We needed to do something and frankly no matter what we do someone will be unhappy. Example you took away our family membership before was why do family memberships get a break. Its also our first high season with new accounting system in the office to comply wtih Mexican non profit status which we are trying to get. People have to count money out and get computers ready when before it was throw the money into the cash box and write transaction on paper. Also think of the changes this does for our volunteers some of which are not computer experts by any means of which I am sure you understand lol. Its a great deal going on change wise for staff and members.

Archived