Chapala.com Webboard

Buying used car

dearle

I was very pleased with Rafeal Basulto at Moyoyo Car Wash in Riberas (across from Parker Insurance). He has cars for sale lined up in front. He speakers perfect English and will do all the paperwork. Check him out.

Second this recommendation. Rafa brings in cars from the Merida area where the roads are much better than Jalisco so the suspensions haven't taken a beating.

CORRECTED, I confused Morelia with Merida. Yes Rafa is bringing in cars from the Yucatan.

I once purchased a car with out of state plates, twice actually. If I had a choice I'd never do it again. The crap I had to go thru, like getting up at 5 in the morning to get to the licensing place. 5 in the morning and even then there was a long line waiting for the gates to open. They only take a limited number so you have to be there first thing. If you don't speak Spanish well don't even bother. Was there all day until 3:30. It would have to be an exceptional auto to go thru that again. The car would have to have low mileage and backed up with dealer servicing records. That I can find easily in Guadalajara. I'd use the veterinarian, Carlos?, located on the street running up the mountain from Multiva. Maybe 3 doors up.

Rafa handles all that as part of the deal. Several of my friends as well have bought from him without any problem getting plates.

Exactly. A friend of mine bought a nice Honda CRV with Yucatan plates and he did all the paperwork and delivered the car with new Jalisco plate. OOS plates are not an issue.

Archived