Chapala.com Webboard

CFE - monthly billing now?

simpsca

Has anyone else been changed to monthly billing by CFE for electricity? I paid my bi-monthly bill in October and I just received an email from CFE that my bill was due. I went to the website and there is now a bill for service from Oct. 14 through Nov. 15, payable before Nov. 18. This is the first time this has happened and the bill looks different than the previous ones.

Has this happened to anyone else. If I weren't a regular email user I would not have noticed.

Simpsca - what were you notified?

I am registered with CFE so I can see my bill on line. And because of that they have my email address I received this email this morning from CFE. It's in Spanish but I read and understand Spanish so went immediately to my account on their website where a new bill for one month is posted. Basically it says they are notifying me of my bill. And I can click on the "ver" (to see) and look at my bill.

I tried to copy the contents of the email here but got a message that I can't post it.

I just checked my bill online and it shows that the June to October bill has been paid. It doesn't show any bill after this.

I live in San Juan Cosala.

I just checked my bill online and it shows that the June to October bill has been paid. It doesn't show any bill after this.

I live in San Juan Cosala.

So maybe I'm one of the first to be converted to monthly. I don't know where they are going to get all the staff to read every meter every month!

We started getting monthly CFE billings when we had photovoltaic panels installed, along with a new bidirectional digital meter and CFE account. I understand that is the norm for people who are using solar generation. We too are in SJC.

I too have been getting monthly CFE bills for quite a while now as I also have solar. They are quite small and a pain. I pay $500 at the machine in Chapala and that takes care of a year or so eliminating the need to worry about the thing every month.

We started getting monthly CFE billings when we had photovoltaic panels installed, along with a new bidirectional digital meter and CFE account. I understand that is the norm for people who are using solar generation. We too are in SJC.

Yep, us too after we installed solar.

I get my CFE bill e-mailed to me and have for a couple of years. If in doubt you can register and double check the CFE website for your billing history.

I went to the machine in Jocotopec and put my account number in. The machine said the same amount was due and for one month as the bill I could see on line. I did not act on the email, but they do have my email address at CFE since I registered to pay on line. I heard from another friend in my area who does not have solar and has been changed to monthly billing. So this is a heads up that some of you (not on solar already) that you may be changed to monthly billing with very little notice.

Update - I've talked to two other people in San Juan Cosala who are not on solar and have been changed to monthly billing by CFE. Looks like they are starting in out town first. But just a warning for anyone who is planning to travel, there was no warning that they were changing my billing to monthly!

Archived