Chapala.com Webboard

If you have a document that needs to be authenticated from a country where the Apostille Convention is not in force, such as canada, how do you go about satsfyingtheMexican requirement for theaposillization?

We sent it to the Canadian government office (responsible for that type of document) and they verified it and sent it to the Mexican Consulate in Ottawa who applied the necessary seals and stamps etc. and they then forwarded it to us here in Mexico.

It was a lengthy process dealing with the bureaucracy from two governments. I hope that your not in a hurry.

We live near Ottawa and we have taken documents for ourselves and overseas Canadian friends into the Department of Foreign Affairs-- now the Department of Global Affairs-- where they have a number of windows for the authenticating of documents like birth certificates, etc. I think there is a small charge, but it is pretty quick and painless.

I believe documents can also be authenticated by mail. I'm sure the details are on their website.

Bob

EDIT: Here's an outfit I found online. I know nothing else about them other than what you see on their website.

http://www.redsealnotary.com/apostille-canada.html

Actually, you can get a ton of info just by Googling "apostille Canada"

Embassy didnt do it a few months ago, you need to submit long form documents (not wallet sized) to Mexican consulate in province where document was issued to authenticate it.

Archived