Chapala.com Webboard

Laguna

cedros

I know some who do. However they had to take down the big tower in Ajijic and move it up the hill to a home. Therefore in Ajijic there are fewer persons able to subscribe. I know that I don't have a signal at my house anymore. However, to the best of my knowledge they also have an antenna in Riberas Del Pilar, San Juan Cosala and in Joco with areas of great coverage.

I understood that once he moved his office to an office attached to his home in Joco, that the rent required to maintained the antenna, and server equipment in the area above his former Ajijic office became so high, that it no longer made economic sense to keep the antenna and required ground equipment there.

There may have been other issues as well, I don't know

I ask about Laguna for E mail as a friend has it and it doesn't seem to work very well. Messages he sends on it don't arrive sometimes and messages sent to him very often don't arrive.

Cedros: I have had email with Laguna since the fall of 1997. I used to volunteer my services there giving tech support until maybe 3 years ago. I have had no problem receiving or sending emails from Laguna. The only problem I have had was with spam which wasn't filtered out by a spam filter.

Now that they had moved their antenna in Ajijic to a location I can no longer pick up, I am sadly letting my internet email account with lagunanet expire.

I wish Rod the best as he continues providing Laguna to those who are line of site of one of his tall exterior antennas.

Archived