Chapala.com Webboard

Gov't Office closures the whole month of Dec?

sldavis

A friend visited the Phoenix MX Consulate yesterday to apply for a Temp Resident Visa and TIP. She was told the office in MX where she has to finish everything up closes for the whole month of December. I haven't read anything about that on the Lakeside forums so I thought I'd ask here.

Also, my friend was told even with her one year Temp. Visa she can only get a TIP for 180 days and must return TO THE BORDER before the 180 days are up to extend the TIP. That seems contrary to everything I've read here. I hope those things are not true. Any clarifying comments appreciated.

THX

...my friend was told even with her one year Temp. Visa she can only get a TIP for 180 days and must return TO THE BORDER before the 180 days are up to extend the TIP. That seems contrary to everything I've read here. I hope those things are not true. Any clarifying comments appreciated.

THX

They may be right. See this topic: http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=58676

A few years ago I had to do some business at INM in Dec. I went in originally maybe the end of the first week in Dec. I asked when they closed for Christmas holidays and in fact there were only about 3 days when they were going to be closed. Best to check with the local office where she has to go, but no way will they be closed ALL of Dec.

Usually govt. offices are closed or greatly slowed down from about Dec. 15 through New Years.

The offical SEGOB INM winter vacation this year is from Dec. 15 to Jan. 6th. Same as usual. Many state and federal offices have the same winter vacation each year.

http://www.veracruz.gob.mx/desarrollosocial/files/2015/01/Calendario-Oficial-D%C3%ADas-de-Descanso-2015-1.pdf

Regarding her TIP: She is right that her TIP will only be for 180 days when she gets it in Phoenix, but.....

When we needed our TIP extended, once we arrived here, we had a lawyer (Spencer)send Immigrado a letter during the time the TIP was still current, along with some documents (can't remember which ones, nothing unusual) , with the result that they sent us a document to keep in the car stating that the TIP was now current as long as our Temporale was current, despite the date on the windshield label. It cost us a small lawyer fee, but it was quite quick and we certainly didn't have to go to the border.

Regarding her TIP: She is right that her TIP will only be for 180 days when she gets it in Phoenix, but.....

When we needed our TIP extended, once we arrived here, we had a lawyer (Spencer)send Immigrado a letter during the time the TIP was still current, along with some documents (can't remember which ones, nothing unusual) , with the result that they sent us a document to keep in the car stating that the TIP was now current as long as our Temporale was current, despite the date on the windshield label. It cost us a small lawyer fee, but it was quite quick and we certainly didn't have to go to the border.

My friend and his wife applied in Las Vegas for their RTs at the Mexican Consulate 2 weeks ago, 1 hour 45 minutes there. They told him not to get a TIP on line as they will have to get a preapproval for a 180 tourist FMM card first to get the TIP and told him to get the TIP at the border only. Get the "canje" FMM cards when entering and the TIP for 30 days.

Regarding her TIP: She is right that her TIP will only be for 180 days when she gets it in Phoenix

Thanks Stuphel, that is a good option.

Archived