Chapala.com Webboard

Bug Zapper Tennis Racquet style - plug in (not battery operated)

Arjay

Last year I bought a terrific tennis racquet-style bug zapper, which plugs into the hydro, not battery operated, from a street vendor as I was leaving Costco. I was at Costco this Wednesday but there wasn't one vendor in sight. I'd really like to get 2 more.

Does anyone know if I can get one Lakeside or would anyone be able to get me a couple by any chance. These things are terrific. Sorry, bugs - I don't want you in my house.

Many thanks.

How do you get the bugs to come to you and your zapper?

I assumed there must be a lot of flailing with the bug racket in hand. Since care must be taken to avoid dogs and computer screens, I passed on that style.

Mexican mosquitos are the most elusive of the breed, (next to no-see-ums)

Stealth flight, tiny, no touch landings & an incredibly itchy bite. I keep all kinds of Bite Sticks, UV Bite Sappers & Andonal (sp) Itch Relief Glue available. Most are going to get by your racket as sit with your beverage at the terrace table!

Mexican mosquitos are the most elusive of the breed, (next to no-see-ums)

Stealth flight, tiny, no touch landings & an incredibly itchy bite. I keep all kinds of Bite Sticks, UV Bite Sappers & Andonal (sp) Itch Relief Glue available. Most are going to get by your racket as sit with your beverage at the terrace table!

Where would I find this "wonder glue"? My bites itch for about a week.

I know bites can easily become infected: Guad Pharmacy, Farmacy X, I believe the proper name is Andantol. it is very widely available. Display shows a white plastic tube, shorter & stubbier than toothpaste. Graphics are/were red to orange. Material is very thick & viscous. A little dab, smoothed over the bite will surface dry & is basically water resistant.

Google Insect Bites: Many products

www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k52...

Traducir esta página

3 abr. 2012 - Forget the limes, Benadryl, Andantol, Calamine Lotion and any other remedies..... get Gelmicin. It's made in Mexico and you can't get it in the ...

I know bites can easily become infected: Guad Pharmacy, Farmacy X, I believe the proper name is Andantol. it is very widely available. Display shows a white plastic tube, shorter & stubbier than toothpaste. Graphics are/were red to orange. Material is very thick & viscous. A little dab, smoothed over the bite will surface dry & is basically water resistant.

Google Insect Bites: Many products

www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k52...

Traducir esta página

3 abr. 2012 - Forget the limes, Benadryl, Andantol, Calamine Lotion and any other remedies..... get Gelmicin. It's made in Mexico and you can't get it in the ...

Andatol works well. In my spouse's case, it's the last resort since it causes his skin to flake off. Another product to get relief is plain old Vicks VaporRub, which is sold everywhere and is less expensive.

Where would I find this "wonder glue"? My bites itch for about a week.

My go to stuff is lidocaine or brand name xylocain. Yes, it numbs your skin. Yes, it's not intended for use for insect bites. However, there is no over kill when it comes to bites and it works better than anything. Because it's overkill. At famacias and no prescription needed.

Arjay, I am highly, highly allergic to mosquitos and the bastards also happen to love me. My bites look like welts. This may help you; i keep little travel bottles and spray bottles all over the house and one in my car and fill them with cheap vinegar (apple, since it smells a bit better).

If you can get a few drops of vinegar on the bite, gently scratch the area so it sinks in and rub the area gently, it can kill the "venom". I think its simply alcohol that does it, and for me, vinegar is cheap and easy. But I believe you have to do it quick - no more than 15 min after the bite. If I can get the vinegar on within a few minutes of the bite (such as when I get home from walking the dog and each ankle has ten bites) and rub vinegar all over the area, it is very effective in stopping the itch.

Is there a reason for using the plug-in racket as opposed to the battery operated racket? Ive seen the battery ones at Walmart, and I'm eager to buy and swing like a madwoman, but are they less effective?

I've had a few over the years but found the plug-in one much more powerful and really zaps most insects quickly. The battery-operated ones are kinda wimpy and often don't make contact with the bug - it just crawls around under the electric wires.

Archived