Chapala.com Webboard

Guadalajara maps

cedros

Does anyone know of a store in Guadalajara that sells a good selection of Guadalajara maps? I've tried several Sanborns there with no luck. Lakeside they only have one version of Blue Map and one version of Guia Roji map. I need some better versions. I know there are other versions of the Blue Map but where.

I think i bought a blue map at fereterias calzada which are all over Guadalajara. Not sure if they still sell them though as that was many years ago.

If there are almost no Guia Roji for sale anywhere then most likely new year versions are coming up and they are trying to finish selling the old ones first.

I was wondering about Sandi. I went there once and don't remember if they had other maps. I have emailed them and asked.

Try to call Gonvil in Guadalajara they have several stores, may have a site do not know but they may have them. I have bought mine over the years in the OXXO on the autopistas. The problem with the mapas of the big cities is that they are in a book format and you have to have a good copilot to read them and maybe have a general map of the city so you know in what section to look for. Once you get used to the Guia Roji format , they are very good map but you have to have an idea of the city to start with.

When I discovered that I could just say to my android phone "Navigate to 123 Whatever Street" and the voice would accurately guide me there, that was the end of maps for me. I tossed the Garmin I used to use.

WOW...that is awesome! Just tried speaking to Siri on my iPad and immediately got a map and directions! Gracias

The company Guia Roji has a branch in GDL

Sucursal Cd. de Guadalajara

Av. Cubilete # 30

Esq. López Mateos

Col. Chapalita Sur

46046, Zapopan, Jal.

Tel. (33) 3121 0553

Fax (33) 3121 42933

Also sell online at their website:

http://www.linio.com.mx/guia-roji/

Thanks but they don't seem to have the map I'm looking for there. I'll go to their store and check it out.

When I discovered that I could just say to my android phone "Navigate to 123 Whatever Street" and the voice would accurately guide me there, that was the end of maps for me. I tossed the Garmin I used to use.

That would be very handy. Which phone would do that?

Archived