Chapala.com Webboard

Porcelain crown price differential

Serenity6

Dr Barragan works in Guad or he did in 2009 and has an office in Chapala, his spouse worked on me also but not sure if she does crowns or root canals. Both work great together.

Dr, Barragan has moved to Mirason and he no longer works in Guadalajara.

Have never understood why some posters get so testy when happy clients/customers/patients continue to enthusiastically endorse the people who they have been so well served by. Of course we continue to give wonderful endorsements for people who provide great service. As long as other posters ask our opinions we will continue to give them. Those who are annoyed by that might consider not reading the threads asking for recommendations.

Who is stopping others from posting their recommendations?

However, I can understand your annoyance BigD. Some people just ALWAYS try to help! They are CONSTANTLY answering questions asked of them. They NEVER ignore people asking for their advise. They belong to web forums created for community members to share knowledge and experience and then INSIST ON SHARING THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE! Ugh. What is wrong with these people?

I am VERY appreciative of the help I am getting and I thank you all. I will visit Dr. B and speak with him.

Did I read correctly that someone complained because others were complimented or recommending the great care of their dentist/doctor/whomever too often?

I hope I read that wrong. Some people do not memorize every single post or thread on this forum, or don't use the search function for past referrals because the info may not be up to date.

I myself once gave rave reviews over a doc handling my pain management until he made a catastrophic, elementary mistake and subsequently handled it in the worst possible way. Had someone simply read my prior review where I naively said how great and knowledgeable he was, they would not have received the full truth about his lack of experience, lack of knowledge, and inability to handle emergencies he created w/o losing his damn mind.

Thanks again, I appreciate all the info, and its very helpful for people to continue to give there opinions on providers of any service if someone asks for it.

Serenity6 you should have an agreement or understanding that the crown will fit for the price you pay. The problem here is often either the poor impression making process or the poor lab work resulting n a poor fit. In my own family I have seen crowns installed that were too high and left too high causing nerve damage from the precussion of chewing necessating a root canal and full redo on crown. I have seen "good" local dentist grind down the new ceramic/gold crown until it was just exposed metal on the occlusal surface. The dentist refusing to absorb the cost of remaking the poorly fitting crown. The Porcelain fused to metal is the most frequently seen material in the USA, all Ceramic not backed by metal is more fragile over time. The latest most costly is the Zirconia or milled crown which are digitally constructed either in an office that has the software and hardware to produce them or made in a lab. Ask who pays for a bad iimpression or poor ly fitting lab work.

Who is stopping others from posting their recommendations?

However, I can understand your annoyance BigD. Some people just ALWAYS try to help! They are CONSTANTLY answering questions asked of them. They NEVER ignore people asking for their advise. They belong to web forums created for community members to share knowledge and experience and then INSIST ON SHARING THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE! Ugh. What is wrong with these people?

Xena, some people get very angry if you share experiences, good or bad.

When some time ago I shared my awful experience with one doctor, one poster who was his "close personal friend" (and who has never met me) wrote in response to my experience: "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." (You know who you are.) This poster's excuse for saying such a horrible thing was because, "well, he is my friend."

The sole reason I shared my experience was that I did not want anyone to ever go through what I had gone through. I only offered his name privately through PM if anyone asked. I had nothing to gain by sharing that experience and knew I was going to open myself up to abuse from strangers.

That expression of "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" clearly implied that I was lying or exaggerating in describing my nightmare experience because I had been either romantically rejected by him after making a pass, or that I had romantic feelings for him that were unrequited. Talk about a low blow.

There is always some who has to complain when you share your experience, whether positive or negative. If you don't like what you are reading...why not just move on and stop reading the referral of a positive experience?

Serenity6 you should have an agreement or understanding that the crown will fit for the price you pay. The problem here is often either the poor impression making process or the poor lab work resulting n a poor fit. In my own family I have seen crowns installed that were too high and left too high causing nerve damage from the precussion of chewing necessating a root canal and full redo on crown. I have seen "good" local dentist grind down the new ceramic/gold crown until it was just exposed metal on the occlusal surface. The dentist refusing to absorb the cost of remaking the poorly fitting crown. The Porcelain fused to metal is the most frequently seen material in the USA, all Ceramic not backed by metal is more fragile over time. The latest most costly is the Zirconia or milled crown which are digitally constructed either in an office that has the software and hardware to produce them or made in a lab. Ask who pays for a bad iimpression or poor ly fitting lab work.

Thank you, Geeser. That is solid information to know. I didn't know about the fragility of ceramic not backed my metal. I clearly need to put in a few hours to educate myself on what currently exists, then compare prices an dentists/endos.

What helps so much are the personal reviews that everyone has been kind enough to share.

Dr Barragan has been in his beautiful new office at Mirasol for over a year. Chapala Dental, 39 Bugambillias, on the lateral at the entrance to Mirasol. Top of the line equipment, lab, waiting room with fireplace, etc. His prices are right and he is always painless.

RV, is this the location near that wonderful woman eye surgeon? You enter right at Mirasol, and the few businesses are on the lakeside and parallel to the Carretera?

Archived