Chapala.com Webboard

Upholsterer required

Archibald

I have used Miguel's service for about 6 years and always satisfied. He is very busy however so be prepared to wait. I just asked him to do a small piece and told him to be honest with me on a timeframe, he said 5 weeks. He is good so I am waiting to get it done.

Oscar has consistently worked well for me. Miguel is now too hard to get hold of and have never found him at his tapaceria. Have never been impressed with the work done by the guy across from Multiva, the guy just west of Tempisque or the guy beside Sayer in Riberas. Whomever you choose please post your satisfaction.

I would like to know how long ago it was that the work coming out of Miguel's shop was satisfactory. There have been posts about this before in the recent past and no one has answered that question exactly. We are one of the ones that took our several jobs to him because of his rave reviews and our material is pretty much down the drain as there was not one piece that could be called satisfactory.

Now one of our recliners is falling apart. We found that most of the screws, etc. were left out when the chair was put back together so, of course, it was not going to hold up plus the stress this caused on other metal parts has broken those supports.

I have said in the past and I will offer again, if anyone wants to see the kind of job that they may receive, feel free to contact us. You will be welcome to decide for yourself whether what we received was satisfactory.

BTW - I went to Oscar about 3 weeks ago, re some chairs I needed re-covered. He said that he was awfully busy. We agreed he would come out to my place (2 miles form his shop) to look at the pieces that need work. Never heard from him. Will try him again in 6 months, after the busy season when he (hopefully) is less busy.

Archived