Chapala.com Webboard

"Fluffy" wants to go home!

Somebody has to know this little guy who was found by the staff at La Nuevo Posada.

He's a mostly while spaniel type pup with brown patches. He's maybe 4-5 years old, very clean, fluffy, well groomed, well fed, obedient, seems to understand English...and is named (appropriately) "Fluffy."

He has several distinguishing marks:

* He wears a collar & nametag "Fluffy" (The collar is multicolored & from Tibet)

* Owner's telephone number is 765-2408...but no answering machine and no answer

BUT MOST OF ALL:

* He is missing one eye.

Anyone recognize him by this description? Please call 766-4338

I will get my neighbor to post his picture.

Thanks!Carrol 766-4338

There is a post on this message board that leads to this person/with that same phone number.

I am sending you a PM.

Somebody has to know this little guy who was found by the staff at La Nuevo Posada.

He's a mostly while spaniel type pup with brown patches. He's maybe 4-5 years old, very clean, fluffy, well groomed, well fed, obedient, seems to understand English...and is named (appropriately) "Fluffy."

He has several distinguishing marks:

* He wears a collar & nametag "Fluffy" (The collar is multicolored & from Tibet)

* Owner's telephone number is 765-2408...but no answering machine and no answer

BUT MOST OF ALL:

* He is missing one eye.

Anyone recognize him by this description? Please call 766-4338

I will get my neighbor to post his picture.

Thanks!Carrol 766-4338

Did an extra web search with that phone number (and the other info I dug up and sent you)

Here is her name. Maybe someone (who is reading this) knows how to contact her?

Nancy Wharton, 765-2408

I know this dog and it is Fluffy. My understanding is that Nancy was going to turn him over to her neighbor for adoption as she was returning to the US. She left last month. I would give you the name of the neighbor, but I haven't a clue. If someone has him or is fostering him and needs to find a true forever home, please call me ASAP and hubby and I will take him. 765-5085. Cheri

I have also written to Nancy to find out what the back story is. It's possible that he escaped and just needs to be reunited, but I have a sinking feeling it may be a dump as the distance involved is quite a bit for such a small, one-eyed guy.

Great news!!! I'm so happy to be proven wrong...Fluffy is a runner, not a dump. His owner, Rene, is a very nice fellow and really would like him back. I've left a message on your answering machine, but Rene will also be in contact. Please ask LNP/a foster parent(?) to please hold onto him.

On Behalf of "Fluffy" allow me to thank all of you who chimed in with advice & support that helped Fluff find his way back home. I understand that he is Wendy's dog now -- not Rene's-- but that Rene and Alicia are keeping him for her until she finds a new place to rent that will permit dogs. So maybe that's the second piece that someone out there might help with. Contact Rene (or me) if you know of an affordable Ajijic place.

And once again, my (our) sincere thanks for springing into action so quickly! You guys are great! (and PS/ Cheri is absolutely right. Fluffy is definitely a keeper!)--Carrol

Archived