Chapala.com Webboard

Trip's Burgers

tomgates

Good morning Lakesiders!!

First of all, THANK YOU all for your great showing of support for my hamburger stand! It has been very overwhelming and so much so that we have had to cut our hours to 12 noon to 4pm, Wednesday thru Sunday until we can hire more staff and gauge our inventory. We only have one grill cook and that's me, and 8 hours behind a grill with no break was impossible. We also are getting use to our inventory orders, storage and control as we have no freezers and nothing is frozen and only fresh. We are not trying to be the "Best" burger, just unique, fast food, with excellent quality at an excellent price. Remember the Gov't takes 16% of the top of our prices. Also, there is no tipping as not only do I pay a living wage for these young team members but I also pay Health Insurance, short term and long term disability, retirement, profit sharing, Christmas bonus etc., very unique for a small business here lakeside.

Our patties are hand made and uniform in size and weight and have been since day one. I would suggest a Trip's Double if you prefer more beef. I use a thin pattie to give me maximum surface to grill to get that great grill flavor. I agree, I am a double double fan but everyone has their own choice.

We will never be the cheapest but the quality of our 100% USDA Choice Black Angus Beef, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, fresh bun, real ice cream and fresh cut potatoes, do cost us a bit more but I think it is worth it and I hope you agree.

Our Point Of Sale computer that handles our ordering has been delayed due to the company and not us. I am sorry we are hand writing orders but we will correct that STAT!

So, to summarize..Please be patient with me and this young excited team as we work the kinks out of a new concept and restaurant...Always contact me if you have a good comment or a helpful comment and suggestion on how we can improve. trip@tripsburger.com or direct phone 33-3132-3132 and leave me a message if I don't answer and am behind the grill. I am truly thankful for all of the support and promise to work very hard everyday to earn and re-earn for business.

Most sincerely,

Trip

Great post Trip, thanks. I plan on giving you a go but you didn't answer my question as to whether you have your own secret menu like In And Out.

If I order a "double double animal style" are you gonna call the cops or will I get those fried onions? :D

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, congratulations Trip on a job well done. I think burgers and pizza are two of the most subjective foods you can serve. I thought we put out a pretty good burger and it always surprised me to

hear, weeks later and usually 2nd or 3rd hand, that Mrs. Jones didn't like her burger because...

Your staff was courteous and friendly, the order of fries was more than ample and deliscious but, Heidi and I both prefer a big, fat, juicy patty instead of one or two skinny ones....that's our preference, and, maybe only ours!

Again, continued success and, one more thing, ease up on the salt!

First of all, congratulations Trip on a job well done. I think burgers and pizza are two of the most subjective foods you can serve. I thought we put out a pretty good burger and it always surprised me to

hear, weeks later and usually 2nd or 3rd hand, that Mrs. Jones didn't like her burger because...

Your staff was courteous and friendly, the order of fries was more than ample and deliscious but, Heidi and I both prefer a big, fat, juicy patty instead of one or two skinny ones....that's our preference, and, maybe only ours!

Again, continued success and, one more thing, ease up on the salt!

Thanks for mentioning the salt. It can be added by the customer, and many people here are on restricted salt diets.

Good evening and thank you for your feedback!...We have dialed back the salt and have a salt shaker out front for those that prefer a bit more! Great advice! Today we served our first 3X3!!...3 Patties and three slices of cheese!! For you meat lovers, we also have a 4X4, so don't be shy if you want more 100% USDA Black Angus Beef! Have a great few days, I know I will enjoy sleeping in till 7am, and we will be open Wednesday, 12 to 4PM thru Sunday 12 to 4pm...We are also hiring if you want to refer someone, just have them email me a resume to trip@tripsburger.com Thank you again for your support and suggestions on where we can improve the overall guest experience....Trip

Thanks so much Trip! We thoroughly enjoyed our doubles on Thursday last week. It was all GREAT! Looking forward to your continued success!

Valerie :)

I want a "Black and White"!

I very much enjoyed my double cheese combo today, the second I've had since you opened. :016: I actually find the serving of french fries completely excessive, and can only eat about half, so today instead of the combo I was going to have just the burger with a chocolate shake but was told by the pleasant girl at the register that you only had vanilla. Hmmmm. Second time I've heard that.

For me, the perfect chocolate shake is made with vanilla ice cream with Hershey's syrup added to it to make it a chocolate shake. In fact, I don't like the flavor of chocolate ice cream in general, and will never order a chocolate shake if starts with chocolate ice cream.

If you've never had the version I describe, you may want to try it out. (In some areas, these are called a "Black and White", but to me it's always just been the only way to make a chocolate shake.)

Cheers, thank you and congratulations on your success!

Good morning Lakesiders!! We will have a chocolate shake very soon!! Italian Chocolate Ice Cream Shake to debut very soon!! Thank you again for all of your continued support....We are trying to hire more team members as soon as possible but have not found many candidates...If you know of anyone, please send them our way so we can expand our hours to 12-8pm...Thanks, Trip trip@tripsburger.com

Good morning Lakesiders...We do have Gift Certificates available! You can buy them in a per Combo, or in a set peso amount. Please email me at trip@tripsburger.com so they are ready when you arrive. I am using them for all the security and maintenance people in my community and at Centro Laguna..They make a great thank you!!!.Thanks...Trip...ok, it's 5:30 am, off to my butcher in GDL!!

OK....so I'm a convert! Heidi and I were meeting Cydney and her son for lunch at Laguna Centro and my plan was to have Chinese. Heidi said she was going to try the burger again and I said ok, me too. Boy am I glad we did. It was excellent! Yeah, the patties are McD thin but the double with grilled onions was great. Huge order of crispy fries....happy camper. I got to meet Trip....seems like a really nice guy who wants to continue to improve. Hats off!!!

Finally, made it to Trip's today. Got there just after noon for an early lunch as I had dinner plans later. Had the double with fries. Ate everything and enjoyed every bite. Five hours later I was still so full just had a small salad for dinner. Top of the line fast food hamburger and fries. Definitely the only food stop I will be making at Centro Laguna for a while. The double is definitely a two napkin burger. YUM!

After reading all the glowing reports here we had to try Trip's Burger yesterday. Very pleased! While the patties aren't as big as you can get elsewhere ordering the double takes care of this problem easily. The fixings on the burger were first rate and show great care in putting together a great meal. As to the fries, what can I say, some of the best to be had down here or even north of the border. Not that I want them to stop but that was a lot of fries,definitely wasn't feeling that they didn't give enough.

My one slight complaint was with the "shake". They didn't have chocolate so ordered the vanilla instead. Way too thick, literally had to eat it with a fork. Looking forward to trying their chocolate.

When we were there yesterday they must of had 10 people in that little space. Heard several comments about the number of personnel. Trip explained that it was a training day. Happy to see them working hard to make this place a go to place for a good fast food hamburger.

I've concluded that burger-love is very individual; we all like 'em different, but here goes this opinion after having had mine for the first time at Trip's today.

Ordered a double, no extras for 75 pesos.

Meat: very thin patties, nothing special about the quality or flavor. Two patties equals one average burger elsewhere. Maybe less than.

Goo: Lots and lots of goo. Too much for my taste.

Cheese: It's real cheese, so kudos on that.

Bun: Okay

Service: still about 10 people (maybe still in training) in the prep space. Pretty slow, and no one waiting in line to order. Can't call it "fast" food.

Owner: Seems like a very nice guy.

Price: The biggest barrier to success. For less than these prices, you can go to a whole list of sit down restaurants around here and get a burger WITH sides ranging from sweet potato fries to veggies to baked potato or regular fries. To name a few: Tony's, Arileo, Cocinart, Ancla and more.

I'd like to offer more praise since he's trying so hard, but that's just one eater's honest opinion. :(

I went on opening day, just by accident. At 1pm, no one was lined up at all. Staff very friendly. Trip was slaving away on the flattop, and running things smoothly and quietly.

The fries were pretty much like most chain burger places: thin and tasty. The burger was beautifully wrapped. I'd heard and read so much, I could not wait. That first bite was SO disappointing. Coulda been any burger at any roadside stand. A Big Mac has more flavour, and I am not a fan of Big Macs. Trip's special sauce is like McCormick's sandwich spread, or maybe Big Mac sauce. Nothing in the patty stood out as having been seasoned, so it really needed the sauce to be anything.

I have to concur with Gringal. I'm very impressed with Trip's work ethic and advertising, but I guess the high price (35 pesos for a less-pretty, but same-tasting version at any toll booth hamburger joint) is going to pay for the great equipment and large staff.

The thing is, better burgers at better prices. No amount of ballyhooing can change the taste. And we all applaud Trip for his very strong efforts. But the tongue talks. And I cannot enjoy a meal at some restaurant just because they provide opportunities... . It's a profit-making endeavour, after all.

And for those that enjoy his burgers, more power to 'em. I cannot deny that.

Archived