Chapala.com Webboard

Trip's Burgers

tomgates

I was at Walmart today, and after paying for my junk I saw a guy with a "Trip's Burgers" T-shirt on, standing at the computer at the customer service desk trying to get a factura. I thought, "That has to be the guy…." So I chatted him up.

Told him people were excited about it…and how the mall was finally a place where people went. Talked about the food court area and how it was now, for the first time ever, filled with a nice mix of places and that tons of weekending Tapatios were frequenting it, etc. So I asked the inevitable question, "When do you think you'll open….?". And he said something to the effect about venting being a bit delayed, and how they were supposed to be here this morning at 9am, but then it was 2pm….and….and…so it goes.

Sound familiar? :lol:

He seemed like a really nice guy and is excited about getting it under way. At the end he asked my name and I asked his. He said, "Trip".

¡Proximamente!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-52189-0-41856100-1448204199_thumb.jpost-52189-0-48000700-1448204239_thumb.jGood morning fellow lakesiders!! We are slowly getting to an open date but have been plagued with service people not showing up, or days later then they said....I guess this is all part of the Mexican experience that we all love so much....Yesterday we were able to fire up the grill and begin seasoning it. However, we feel the gas line needs to be repositioned as it is too close to the grill and presents a danger.

Today will will boil out the fryers in our prep to open and hopefully the gas lines will be changed on Tuesday...We are also starting on Monday a VERY extensive training of the all bilingual staff on food safety and handling.

We are very excited to get OPEN!!! Please be patient with us our first couple of weeks as we get the team settled and work out our kinks...Please ALWAYS feel free to email me about your experience at trip@tripsburger.com or call me directly 3331323132 We appreciate all input, good or where we can improve...

We can be followed on facebook, Trip's Burger, where we will announce the opening date....We are really sorry for the delays and don't mean to tease anyone but we want to get it right from the start....Believe me, we wish we were open last month!!!

Thanks again,

Trip

Eager for your Opening. Fully understand the situations. We'll be patient! Be careful and ENJOY!

Valerie :)

• 2 weeks later...

I got to try a cheeseburger and fries tonight. Wow, they are really good. The meat was tender and juicy, the cheese delicious, and the bun was soft and buttery and most importantly NO sesame seeds! The fries are nice and thin and cooked to perfection. They are cut fresh daily. The staff are very friendly.

They open to the public tomorrow. I think Trip said 11:30am?

Are you kidding, Gossip's burger? The one with cucumber slices? Who puts cucumber on a burger? Pickles optional, yes. Prior to tasting Trip's (tomorrow), the best burger is at Bruno's.

Gossip's? Bruno's? Who decided these were a reasonable comparison to what is essentially a fast food burger at a carry out joint?

...and who told us some post in the past that it was all going to be made from scratch, etc.? Check the history on here. Doesn't sound like a fast food joint to me.

"Everything is supposed to be made from scratch like an old fashioned burger joint. Real ice cream in milk shakes. Been drooling for weeks." (Al B.)

I can tell you that Trip's burgers are amazing! My partner and I were lucky enough to be there at 1 pm on Wednesday before they ran out of beef, and ordered the combos. Everything about the burger was delicious, and there was a humungous amount of fries and unlimited soda! We'll definitely be regular customers!

I went Tuesday and food was fabulous! Double double with grilled onions, fries are awesome.

5 of us had lunch today. Worth the build-up. Excellent burger, fries and shake. Some who have been to an In & Out say the burger was dead on. Suggest the double. Great addition to the dining scene.

Archived