Chapala.com Webboard

Trip's Burgers

tomgates

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know. Right now he is advertising for a manager. Everything is supposed to be made from scratch like an old fashioned burger joint. Real ice cream in milk shakes. Been drooling for weeks.

Sounds like 60's in Paradise... back when it was 60's in Paradise. We so need a great burger joint again.

I don't know that I've had In and Out, but I get that is code for... the best of fast food hamburgers.

Okay. I'm signed up and ready.

The "In and Out" burger places were in many parts of CA. Don't know about elsewhere. They used good meat, real cheese and everything tasted fresh.

Needless to say, there were some amusing bumper stickers advertising customers' loyalty to the chain. I think they were even better than 60's in Paradise, which was plenty good enough.

Had to look up Five Guys because I never heard of it. I was thinking it sounded very much like In-N-Out burger when I came across this:

"As Five Guys continues to expand into the West Coast comparisons have been made with In-N-Out Burger, another generally similar fast food chain. Comparing the two chains in 2011, the Los Angeles Times noted that Five Guys' menu items are generally more expensive than In-N-Out's, they lack drive-throughs that In-N-Out is famous for, and are most often found inside shopping malls. The newspaper still conceded that by pricing its products higher, offering bigger burgers and building larger dining rooms, Five Guys could capitalize on the recent trend of mid-level places that offer more expensive products than fast food but cheaper than fancy restaurants.[19]

In 2012, Market Force Information, Inc. polled 7,600 fast-food consumers, and Five Guys ranked No. 1 in food quality and taste, service, cleanliness, and atmosphere.[20]"

It sounds as though Trip's could take after either one and we would be lucky.

In 2011, Five Guys was ranked first in "Fast Food - Large Chains" and "Best Burger" in Zagat's annual Fast Food Survey.[21]

I also am looking forward to trying this new burger joint. However, does anyone really know where or when it will open. I was at Centro Laguna yesterday and looked all over for a store or a sign that showed their location and I couldn't find anything. If someone has info on this it would be appreciated.

I guess lots of us will be looking for it now, although it's been a while since the FaceBook page went up. I was there last week and saw no banners about new places other than the dessert shop. I'm guessing that means it will be a while; on the other hand, being a male, sometimes I can't even find stuff in the fridge...

I also am looking forward to trying this new burger joint. However, does anyone really know where or when it will open. I was at Centro Laguna yesterday and looked all over for a store or a sign that showed their location and I couldn't find anything. If someone has info on this it would be appreciated.

You can follow them on Facebook. The owner says he will post when thy open.

https://www.facebook.com/tripsburger/?ref=ts&fref=ts

I'm sure someone will post the opening here as well.

while; on the other hand, being a male, sometimes I can't even find stuff in the fridge...

HaHa,my wife has so many "tuppers" in the fridge I have to ask her to locate what I'm looking for.

In the food court in Centro Laguna, the space on the left is vacant. There is a notice on the roll down door that says Trip Burgers is accepting job applications and it gives contact info. The notice has been there a few weeks!

Talked to him yesterday and hopes to be open in 2 weeks or so. Waiting for some equipment to arrive. You can sign-up for updates on the website I quoted earlier, or go find Trip's Burgers on Book and "like" him.

Archived